ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Possible final wash of my Ph1 :(

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
dont understand selling these if you enjoy it so much. If you fancy a change, just buy another car to go along side it- its not as if its a hugh amount of money your going to get for it...

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Dont get me wrong i have thought about that. Financially its not viable, with other commitments, house etc.

phase 1 flamer 172
Got mine up for sale on here, had no interest, and now im glad, been using it instead of locking it away every time it rains, now its not for sale, its brilliant.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
in know you said the finance isnt really there, but what about keeping it for a track car only? would save on the overheads a bit...

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Funny enough I was discussing that option with a mate before. He said strip it, throw some seats in, remove airbags etc and go from there. I just couldn't do it with the car, it would be like cheating on it lol,.odd...I know.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Have some pictures of the 'rust' if people are interested, its far far from bad.

rust007.gif

rust006.gif

rust005.gif

rust004.gif

rust003.gif

rust002.gif

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
weird how its went like that, my ph1's rear arches were mint. that would put me off buying it though tbh, rest of the car looks nice and its a cracking spec too.

225 Cup & Williams
Majority of ph1's are starting to rust at the rear arches now. My ph1 started to rust and it was pretty much mint apart from that. Have to remember these cars are getting on a bit now.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
because of the rust, first thing i would walk away from a car for. just imo, everyone is different, but for me bodywork must be mint and rust free.

And if it was mint and rust free it would be more money etc. But i understand where your coming from.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
suppose it depends where the car has spent the majority of its life and how well the owners have cleaned the cars and kept the arches clear of grit/dirt etc, my old flamers were spotless, i still cant decide whether to go for another ph1 or a cup, will depend on whats available when i get back from my holiday, will need to get something sharpish though cant live without a car for getting to work etc. tempted by another scoob to. no way im getting another renaultsport unless the belts have been done recently though and by somebody reputable after what happened to mine. saw what looks a nice silver ph1 on pistonheads and in the ad is says belts done by renault main dealer, i emailed him and turns out they were done 6 years ago!!!!!!!! mine snapped after 4 years. lol.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Lol at some people. The car is what it is, not mint but in really good condition with money spent when and if req'd.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
im sure someone will snap it up soon, the spec is pretty much perfect, a lot of car for the money. glwts.

120d M Sport
Most PH1's have got that kind of bubbling now. Mine has on just the one. What's involved to get it done, old arch cut out and new one welded in?