ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Possible Grounding Issue?

Clio 1.2 Extreme
Okay, so I have a Clio Extreme 1.2, 2002 and I have a pretty weird problem..

When in reverse gear and press the foot brake, all indicators come on on the driver's side, i.e. front, side, green instrument indicator and rear.
I've cleaned the rear and front grounding points for the lights with WD40 and a wire brush with no luck of fixing the problem.

To top that off, my driver window only works when the headlights are off.

I have NCT in a few weeks and I really need to get it fixed before then.

A cookie will be offered to the person that solves this problem.

Thank you in advance.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Have you checked the connectors that plug into the rear light clusters themselves? Common fault for them to become corroded and cause earthing issues.

Window/headlight sounds like a UCH issue.

Clio 1.2 Extreme
I haven't, I don't know how to get the tail light out but i'm sure if I google it now ill find how to.

It probably is because I had a sunroof leak and the passenger foot-well was like a puddle.
It's problem after problem with her

renault clio 1.4 16v
brake light cluster problems are common on clios, if you fold back the carpets in the boot behind the light clusters you will see a black wire that attaches to the body of the car, clean these and try, if the problem persists take the clusters out and clean all the bulb contacts and the plugs, do not spray silicone or oil spray, use electrical cleaner...