ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Possible headgasket on PH2 172!?

Black PH2 172
Symptons I have are..Dirtyish fluid in water tank, When I check the oil the level seems to be high, But quite thin..Like its been thinned down with water?
Performance wise there dosnt seem to be any issues, It dosnt overheat and there isnt alot of pressure if any in the expansion tank.

Cheers Tom

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Pictures? Could just need a good service/flush of the coolant system tbh. Are there any other symptoms that make you suspect HGF? If you had any water in the oil it would emulsify not "thin" it down... same with the coolant resevoir.

Black PH2 172
I can get pic's Mick, Tbh ive just bought it and been told its been "Serviced" along with the Dephasher and belts etc - But I dont trust it, If I tip the dipstick up it instantly drips off like its thin, Tbh il do an oil change and flush the antifreeze etc...

Dipstick smells fuely tho saying that, As does the header tank..

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'd do a proper coolant flush and oil change first and go from there.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
What colour is the oil black, dark brown or light gold and have a look at the oil filter? If its been serviced recently it *should* still be fairly clean and if its not they're dealt you the bulls**t card i'm afraid. TBH though a "Service" is a very broad term and can mean anything from an oil and filter change only to a full on service like I did on an RB182 yesterday which had full mechanical and electrical check, filters and all fluids and took me pretty much all day.

Just because the dipstick smells of fuel don't let this scare you in to thinking the worst. Most oil, when left in for a long duration, will eventually smell of fuel but this doens't mean you've got bore wash issues.

Mick

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Not on a Clio RS no but i've seen an F4R HGF before on a Scenic... was age related gasket failure.

Black PH2 172
Water in tank looks black, Filter looks newish. Not spankin mind and the oil on the dipstick has a brown tinge to it, I'll get it all flushed and changed tho!