ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

possible immobiliser problem???

ok so my car wont start :(

ive done the usual, checked the battery and is fine. . . .replaced the battery in my key fob. . . . . .

what else can i do?

when i turn the key, the light in the middle that flashes usually when the car is locked is on full. so i take it that the immobiliser isnt switching off. . . how do i fix this??

it keeps happening but eventually seems to sort itself, but i never know when it is gonna happen :(

jamie

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Key needs re-programming back to the car.

About £28+vat at Renault.
(Just rang them £10 extra if you wait to have it done lol)

Got a spare key to use?

Last edited:
  MERCEDES CLS AMG
More than that £££

keep your plip key away from mobile phones, tv's etc .....anything that can interfere with the keys internals

sh1t serious? ok cheers. dammit, i have a spare but its in Aldereley back home. dammit dammit dammit, actually getting quite sick of this car now, shame because i love it so much.

anything i can do until then? like i say it eventually seems to reset itself after 24hrs or so :(

cheers for the help

jamie

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
More than that £££

keep your plip key away from mobile phones, tv's etc .....anything that can interfere with the keys internals

The plip key is expensive.

Most Renault garages only charge a fixed amount to program a key back to the car.

Coventry, Leicster and Warwick charge the £28+VAT for simple key programming.
(Just rang them £10 extra if you wait to have it done lol)

Its the keys that are expensive.

Last edited:
so how has this happened??? cant see this happening with an audi for example :(

everyone keeps their phones in their pockets, and my keys go in the other one so not to scratch the phone!!!! how can clios constantly have this happen??? is it a common problem???

jamie

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
It can happen to anything which works in a similar way.

Obviously the key works with a transponder system etc... and is coded to the car.

On odd occasions it can be effected by waves around it lol, how techy.

Resulting it not being prgrammed any more. Happened to me once. Lucky i had spare key to get to Renault. was in and out in about 20 mins.

dam, fair do, guess ill have to get the key sent up from home and go in, thanks has, howre you mate anyways? still keeping hold of those turinis or you gonna gove me them lol :D??

Clio 172 + 4 others!
Its a fault.

maybe a sensor, normally the bonnet one.

Like i said, i hit my ECU and fusebox and it fixed mine months ago

Could be the transponder ring as well as they fail abit its the bit round where the key goes.

Best way to tell is see if your other key works if it doesn't then try changing the ring.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Bashing components wont generally help in this case!

Trying the spare key is the most sensible option as it costs nothing.

If spare key works its easily diagnosed as un-programmed key on the faulty one.

If that doesnt work then he has to move on to more costly items/diagnostics.....

cheers guys, sounds like this has all been done before. like Has says, will check the other key, although just been out for a drive in it since it decided it would wrk (funny enough i got in, locked the car using the button on the dash, then unlocked it with the key and it started 1st time. . . . .hmmm)

like you guys say, if it isnt that, will move on and bend over to renault since it is out of warranty.

jamie

Clio 172 + 4 others!
If it was the key or pickup ring that had failed then the light would flash like mad!:banghead:

But as it stays on its not that.:approve:

The light does all sorts of things to tell you what it is wrong.