ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Possible New 172 Owner

172 Cup
Afternoon all

I'm new on here, thinking about getting myself a 172 as my next car as they seem to be going for a fair price at the moment and they seem to fit the bill perfectly for me!

I'm sure if I go ahead and get one I'll be hanging around here to pick various brains.

£1500? This could end badly lol.

It really is worth putting the money into getting a non-pikey/dog example. When a cambelt change costs £550, tyres £350 (i.e. all things which are absolutely essential) and rear pads/discs/bearings are £300 it's very easy to see why one 172 is worth £1500 and a seemingly identical one can be worth double.

I'm not saying pay absolute top dollar for a garaged all it's life etc example, but what I am saying is that it's no coincidence 99% of the "expensive" threads on here were from bargain-basement used/abused/pikey/ebay/chav-spec examples. It's a french piece of s*** blah blah blah - choose carefully and it'll be as reliable as any other car.

172 Cup
That's gonna be the thing with any car at is kind of price band, they all seem to have their problems!

I'm not looking to spend more than £2k so there's some scope for getting something different. I'm also currently looking at a 206gti but am leaning more towards the Clio.

A bit of a bonus for me is that I'm a mechanic by trade so shouldn't have too many issues with carrying out repairs...........at least that's the plan:S

clio sport
That's gonna be the thing with any car at is kind of price band, they all seem to have their problems!

I'm not looking to spend more than £2k so there's some scope for getting something different. I'm also currently looking at a 206gti but am leaning more towards the Clio.

A bit of a bonus for me is that I'm a mechanic by trade so shouldn't have too many issues with carrying out repairs...........at least that's the plan:S

stumpy buy mines ive have full service history etc cam belts been changed will even get a years mot on it but will need to wait until 26th of dec because you cant mot a car until a month before it expires