ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Possible PAS pump issue

After I did my last session on track yesterday my aux belt started slipping when ever I started the car, initial thought was the tensioner just needed tightening (pure Motorsport aircon delete kit). Anyway just pulled up at home now and noticed when ever I put the steering on full lock the belt starts slipping and screeches. Am I right in thinking the power steering pump is the problem?

Definitely got a knackered power steering pump. With the car running, if I put full lock on and look in to the engine bay you can see the pulley getting stuck causing the belt to slip

Ph2 Flamer
Hi Jonff - Got a squealy steering pump too when on full lock and also have the pure mototrsport aircon delete. So new PAS pump then? I take it thats a garage job then and not an easy DIY job given the tensioning has to be right on the pulley? Not been anywhere near this part of the car before so no doubt thats a dumb question..

Lionel Richie
its more likley to be a seized aux belt tensioner, we've done 4 of them in the past 2 weeks for some odd reason, same symptons, PAS pump sqeualing/stalling on lock

Hi Jonff - Got a squealy steering pump too when on full lock and also have the pure mototrsport aircon delete. So new PAS pump then? I take it thats a garage job then and not an easy DIY job given the tensioning has to be right on the pulley? Not been anywhere near this part of the car before so no doubt thats a dumb question..

Have a look at my other thread mate. There's a video in there of what was happening. If it's the same as mine then to tension the belt via the manual tensioner on the PMS kit is really easy

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=682270