ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Possible wrote off my car?

V70 d5 beast
hi peeps last week i was going round a corner and lost the back end on black ice, i almost saved it once it regripped but ended up plowing into a kerb and it sent me spinning to the other side of the road where i bounced overanother kerb.
its at a bodyshop at the moment and it is possibly a write off
they valued the car at 4500 and the estimate is 3600 roughly just askign for advice to see if i should may put a bit of extra money to keep it on the road
its got uprated pads/dics at the front, braided brake hoses all round, 2 new rear shocks 60k mileage goes very well,
3rd gear was grinding so was gonna change the synchros at a late date,

heres the list of what the bodyshop said it needs
air bag computer
passenger side airbag
passenger seat upper cloth trmi
passenger seat back seaqt frame
passenger seat seat belt pretensioner
subframe
bottom wishbone
alloy wheel
hub
driveshaft
arch liners
respray for front bumper
gearbox casing
think he mentioned something about the steering arms/rack?
didnt mention anything about the front splitter i dont think

i'm not sure if you can get a gearbox casing seperatly they quoted it as £330 and as i was gonna strip and change the synchro i thought about putting a bit of extra money in to get a new gearbox as in service exchange from renault?

i dont really want it to be a cat d write off as it will be a pain to sell , he said they were all renault genuine parts
im just wondering that if they do write it off but i put a bit of extra money towards it to save to from being a write off, would it still be classed as a cat d?

any advice is much appricated thank :)

Attachments

• IMG_0406.JPG
    IMG_0406.JPG
    222.3 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_0402.jpg
    IMG_0402.jpg
    511.5 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_0407.jpg
    IMG_0407.jpg
    508.4 KB · Views: 151
  V70 d5 beast
think insurers will give me 4k as i had 500 excess for the first time ever on my insurances as i've got 5years ncb protected
i think the contribution insurance companys give is between 75% and 85% so its border line
ive spent roughly 400 on the carsince i bought it and would involve transfering the pate over on retention till i find another lol

its alot of work tbh but these ppl say if the insurers offer you 4500 take it it be a lot of money and hassle to get the clio back on the road?? but up to you??

A4 130
Thats exactly how mine was last year minus the airbags etc!! Cost about 2k all in to sort! Good luck

BMW M135i
Let them write it off, will never be the same again. Even more so after that kind of damage.

Oh and just for the info if it were a CAT D write off you wouldn't have to worry about selling it on later as the insurance would pay out and the car would be theirs. (unless you bought it back off them that is)

PH1 172
We had an 05 black 182 in work the other day with similar damage but the wing was broken aswell and that was written off.

Black Clio GT
i think you need to say goodbye.....
much easyer to take the 4k and get another than buy it back and fix it and be worth less/harder to sell on!!!

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
brr that brings back nasty memories.... hope you get it sorted :(
mine went through this and I fixed it, cost me about 4k but the legislation and insurance policies are different around here
View attachment 48048HPIM5130.jpg

V70 d5 beast
Yea it was a write off not sure how much I'm getting that's yet to be decided, was probably for the best as it needed bonnet respray as had lots of dents in it, osr quarter panel had a crease in so was gonna be tough getting that out and was gonna do all the track rods as had play in them, oh and the 3rd gear crunch lol

Time to start searching again