ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Post ur car pics

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

effort?

not really!! - cheers tho

http://www.pbase.com/gadgetboytom55/inboxwww.pbase.com/gadgetboytom55/inbox

Cup wheels+60mm drop and colourcoding + side repeaters + tiny ariel?

(plus my discrete ice)

16v clio gets my vote is car ist the nuts wasnt sure @ first but now he got the spoiler on :D

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

yeah i know its more a question of choice and taking your time

I was going to make a php page on my site - with a page just full of pics in catagories - wouldnt be too hard.

Then just add a box you can type your choices into. As long as people just didnt keep pressing submit on their own car, it would work pretty well.

Daz.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by Daz on 04 March 2003

I was going to make a php page on my site - with a page just full of pics in catagories - wouldnt be too hard.

Then just add a box you can type your choices into. As long as people just didnt keep pressing submit on their own car, it would work pretty well.

Daz.

:devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish:

cheers mate, na i werent gonna stand around outside by my car i was inside chatting trying to keep warm. i went after a while cos i had stuff to get on with,

Rob, silver phase 2 16v, was parked in about 10ft of snow out the back at r-tec. picture of it in the 16v gallery.

Thanks Dash .. one pic was some place in Switzerland ... it looked good for a pic... Your V6 looks nice... bit close to the wall for me :)

you have to upload them to a web space, your isp will prob provide you with some. check their web site.

you can then use an ftp package to upload, i find flashfxp to be the best!

RobFenn, yea, you can restrict it too one IP pretty easily, but not everyone comes from a static ip so it wouldnt work. It also doesnt work for isps with proxies - that means only one person from each proxy would be able to vote.

You just have to either a) have a seperate user/pass for everyone, which is pretty simple, but would make a little (but not a lot) of work for me. or b) trust everyone to play nicely. :)

Daz.

BMW Z4 2.5si Sport

thanks :). Does need some work on it though. Im planning.... gearbox (being done at the moment), refurb of alloys and full respray, as its been keyed a few times, specially on the roof where it was dented :mad:

I will one day own a mint Williams lol. Just do I respray monaco blue or the original Sports blue?

i prefer the willy....

Only because im a MK1 and MK2 Fezzy fanaticist.....MK1 really, but MK2s are nice......but MK3!!!!!!!!!!!! AIYA!

Sorry

Lou, stick to the original colour, otherwise it will get called a wannabe.

Plus youll have explaining to do when you sell it if you change colour.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by Daz on 03 March 2003

An Image uploader isnt THAT hard to setup and its something we need here - with the use of .htaccess, we can restrict it so ONLY this site can view the images too..

_KDF, Id be interested to see how you implemented it though - I would think my way would be a lot different - usually is.. hehe.

With the use of good Linux tools such as imagemagick, you can get it thumbnailing too without distorting the photo loads.. very useful.

Daz.

Okay I will set up an image uploader for this site, I will need to ask Jas if its okay to use the logo to watermark the images, but I guess he will probably be okay with it as thats all the logo will get used for.

I cant use the .htaccess file as I have multiple sites, but I wrote a php script to do the same thing. As I said I already have one for the Peugeot Sport Club and Migweb, setting one up for cliosport wont be a problem.

The script logs the filename and IP address into a MySQL database so that if any offensive material is uploaded I can add the IP to a ban list. The PHP script prevents image linking to anywhere other than the intended site eg. cliosport.net

I guess the server has space for one more site, as its on a 100mbit line and has just under half a terabyte of storage ;)