ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Potential 172 owner - Hi

Hi everyone

I've just joined the site as I have now added a Clio 172 to the list of potential cars. They're mostly over my original budget hence why I've only just started looking at them; they do seem to tick most of the boxes though. At the minute I'm trying to sell my current car to free up a bit of cash now I've started uni at the grand age of 25.

I'm hoping to spend as close to £1500 or below on my next car. Am I going to find a decent enough 172 for this price? Something really cheap one and do the belts myself within this budget or find one belts already done? I've had a quick look and there seems to be a few about but I'm not sure if the rest of the car will be ok at this price??

I'm not going to be doing that many miles and I will be away at sea from August to Feb 15 anyway, although my Dad might use the car occasionally (if I let him!).

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Iain

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Welcome to CS.. You should be able to get one with belts done within your budget.
Howabout an exclusive ;)

So I didn't end up buying a Clio last year, spent a bit less on an mx5 instead.
However, I am now looking once again. For £1500 - £2000 I know I can get a decent 172 but there are a few 182s creeping in at this budget too. I prefer the wheels and exhausts on the 182 but would rather buy a car in the best condition...should I focus on a 172?