ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Potential classic ?? Re stripe or not ?

Stripes ?

• Yes

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • NO

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
  Renault Clio 182 cup
Hi Guys

So ive managed to get my hands on a mint 182 cup full fat with fsh and 80k on the clock. It has a stainless steel exhaust and an engine dynamics low compression turbo i recently had fitted. You can see it had the original stripes on it previously but these have been taken off by previous owner. Would you recommend from a value perspective that i get these put back on?

EC661875-C9AA-4F12-B4F0-1D2C3CAF87E1.jpeg
F87D689C-61CC-4722-A00A-31EC24A88933.jpeg
6231451E-5F1E-44D5-84FA-4465468AD94E.jpeg
3AD4583A-ACCC-4DD9-BED7-31B6DB807383.jpeg

E46 M3, Clio 182
I would say its personal preference, the stripes will add/subtract very little value.

I'd be more concerned about the turbo affecting the value from a classic perspective, as this is quite an extreme modification. Collectors usually prefer standard examples and are mostly worried about millage.

R3k1355

ClioSport Club Member
There's no such thing as a Full Fat cup mate, it's either a FF Clio or a Cup. Yours looks like a Full Fat.

and the stripes won't make a jot of difference to the value because you've done a Turbo conversion and the car is no longer standard.

Land Rover
I have the same dilemma with my pristine 182
I bought the stripe kit but opinions are divided on whether it looks good, or bad.
Mine had the stripes from new but a previous owner has removed them.

C0D0E17C-326E-4B94-A582-BC088A5E5B0F.jpeg

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Did you buy that off me lol
Dont Add any stripes just paint the bonnet

Renault Clio 182 cup
There's no such thing as a Full Fat cup mate, it's either a FF Clio or a Cup. Yours looks like a Full Fat.

and the stripes won't make a jot of difference to the value because you've done a Turbo conversion and the car is no longer standard.
Whats the difference between ff & cup ?

Renault Clio 182 cup
The old "Spend all the money turboing the car then sell it immediately" classic ?

50p's worth of stickers won't make a difference.

I am clearly aware that adding a turbo is not going to add value. The stripes i was unsure hence the question. I put about 5 miles a week on it so will keep it for a long time. I can see these going up in price as most are abused or used for track cars.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Put the stripes back on. They are part of Renault heritage, along with racing blue which is why they were only offered on the RB 182's.

Renault Clio 182 cup
Put the stripes back on. They are part of Renault heritage, along with racing blue which is why they were only offered on the RB 182's.

Yeah i think your right. In your opinion? Do you think the car would look better with the Trophy wheels or stick with the standard?

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
I think the standard wheels look good. The turini's are better silver as they look bigger, dark shades hide them too much imo. Your car on standard wheels and with the stripes would be a great sleeper. Totally standard looks but with the turbo kick in the back.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I wouldn't say its particularly original with a blower attached to it anyway :p

Looks good as it is, just needs new exhaust trims an aerial and the headlights sorted and will look properly minty mint from the outside imo.

Also keep the original wheels if you're going for that OE look, they look decent.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Will never be worth big money due to the turbo conversion they are very difficult to sell for decent money now tò many horror stories.
The stripes will make no difference to the value either way.
Big money so only be paid for mint low mileage totally std cars

I wouldn't worry about value at all tbh.

The ones which will be worth something, IF any of them are, are the mint standard cups (obviously Trophys and Vees).

Not the run off the mill cars. No disrespect, the car is lovely and I love a mint RB. But you've already lost any glimmer of hope for long term value by having it boosted. I bet it's great to drive and that's all that matters really.

Stickers won't mean a thing, they just make it look worse, in my opinion of course.

Enjoy the car for what it is, a 'cheap' pocket rocket.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I doubt stripes add any value just personal preference for people. I'd wager people may look at ones with stripes just as much as non striped cars as they have the option to removed them, easier to do that than fit them.

I like the stripes but I think they look gash with standard wheels, with Turinis and a height drop it looks miles better - on yours if it was mine I would leave them off until the day you put it up for sale then fit them.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Its had a turbo bolted onto it the stripes will make no difference at all. The fact it has a turbo will de value it and now its on the net for all to see in the future

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
I wouldn't worry about value at all tbh.

The ones which will be worth something, IF any of them are, are the mint standard cups (obviously Trophys and Vees).

Not the run off the mill cars. No disrespect, the car is lovely and I love a mint RB. But you've already lost any glimmer of hope for long term value by having it boosted. I bet it's great to drive and that's all that matters really.

Stickers won't mean a thing, they just make it look worse, in my opinion of course.

Enjoy the car for what it is, a 'cheap' pocket rocket.

This sums it up perfectly imo.

Ps leave stripes off looks MUCH better without !!

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
I’m in the strips camp too...maybe as yours is a ff it won’t be right! If it was a cup 182 then yes