ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pothole damage, help needed

P-Co

ClioSport Club Member
  Hyundai Santa Fe
Hi all,

Didn't know where to put this (i can't post in wanted section)

Missus was driving home from work tonight and hit a huge 3" pothole, popped her tire and bent her wheel.

I am in dire need of a new one as the spare is extremely close to the limit.

If any has one with a good tire that I could buy near Merseyside/Cheshire that would be amazing see pics.

I've seen 2 on ebay both £50 each, would you say that was is a little steep?

(185/55/15) 1.2 Campus

Or even a full set of some other wheels with decent tires for a decent price, she travels 30 miles a day so don't want some close to the limit.

Thanks in advance.
29b26876f4365851d42f4577a6ae37e0.jpg
9fa7df25ba110ad4ee7a7bcc28467183.jpg
d79da324ed898b0602ab08ceaf339c65.jpg
55c0970b1f6527f641689faae2f33bf3.jpg

Darren61

ClioSport Club Member
Wow! Get a claim in ASAP. Although don’t hold your breath as something similar happened to me and Northamptonshire County Council rejected mine.

The state of the roads is a disgrace and you should be compensated the full bill to put that right...

P-Co

ClioSport Club Member
  Hyundai Santa Fe
I spoke to the council as soon as the missus called me, they said to call back tomorrow between 9-5 to put a claim in and they send someone to the location tonight to do something about the pothole (no doubt stick a cone in it for now)

Annoys me a lot as the main road near mine keeps flooding and is riddled with potholes so what do the council do? Widen pavements around the corner with ramps and cycle lanes and put anti-slip stuff down on them! Winds me up, with the road tax we pay fix the damn roads not adjust pavements and paint white lines [emoji34], sorry rant over [emoji39]

P-Co

ClioSport Club Member
  Hyundai Santa Fe
Thats huge!!

The council have decided to put a new speed camera back up in the same place they took one out 4 years ago and yet there has never been an accident on that road.

It beats me why they spend money on things not needed in areas (that make the government money) and don't fix the roads ... Oh wait ... I may have just answered my query!

Listerine & Poledo
It's the Highways Agency that fixes potholes, not local councils. Councils pick up the claims and can advise HA about issues though.

You may not be surprised to hear that neither HA nor councils have potholes reported to them anywhere near as frequently as people will moan about them on Facebook etc. and most of them don't have the time to be wading through the reams of NIMBY b****cks that your average local community group will post.

@P-Co If you could please complete the form on Highways agency, that's be great :up:

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
I thought the Highways agency do all the major roads and motorways with the rest being sorted out by the council??

When you report a pothole you do it to the council, does that mean they then forward that on to the HA for it to be fixed?

'03 MCS, MKV Ed30
My experience:

Council claims = easy but lengthy.

Highways claims = hard work and virtually impossible.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Listerine & Poledo
The point I'm making is that if people reported these things via the correct channels then there's a better chance of having them picked up and fixed.
Posting memes on Facebook isn't going to cut it.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
The point I'm making is that if people reported these things via the correct channels then there's a better chance of having them picked up and fixed.
Posting memes on Facebook isn't going to cut it.

This is true.
I reported one in my village last week and someone came out a few days later.

The system works when people bother to report the problem (except in Leeds, they're a bunch of c***s).

P-Co

ClioSport Club Member
  Hyundai Santa Fe
The spare is a steel unfortunately so not wasting money buying a decent tire for it, I would rather get another alloy and tire.

When I saw 'FillThatHole' I thought the same thing [emoji23] I'll let you guys open it first haha.

The council filled the pit hole today aswel [emoji16].

Just the claim to sort now, at least it wasn't as bad as my old car that decided to blow up its airbags and crack the subframe, bit of a cheaper fix on this one.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
If the hole has been filled already it's going to be a c**t of a job to claim any money.

I bet they'll turn round and tell you it was only reported the previous day, and so they won't pay you a penny.

Listerine & Poledo
If the hole has been filled already it's going to be a c**t of a job to claim any money.

I bet they'll turn round and tell you it was only reported the previous day, and so they won't pay you a penny.
I'd be VERY surprised if they managed to turn over a 24hr repair.
Indeed, that they've now fixed it means that they knew it was there, and bad enough to warrant fixing. As such, maybe OP has a better case.

Maybe

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Thing is with potholes, I always moan about them, but I've never reported one to a council, if everyone does that then they would never know about them.

The recent cold really did a number on our roads here though, there are some shockers.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
I'd be VERY surprised if they managed to turn over a 24hr repair.
Indeed, that they've now fixed it means that they knew it was there, and bad enough to warrant fixing. As such, maybe OP has a better case.

Maybe

Isn't is usually 2 weeks or something from receiving notice to fixing it?
If they had no report it was there they didn't know to fix it, and are less likely to pay out.

I'm thinking the hole had been reported recently and they got it sorted within a few days.

If it had been reported and they still failed to fix it within a reasonable time, then you've got a solid claim.

Listerine & Poledo
none of us know the actual timelines on that chasm, so it's down to a "gotta be in it to win it" scenario.

P-Co

ClioSport Club Member
  Hyundai Santa Fe
I couldn't believe they sorted it myself, although on the 6th they were ment to be closing the road and the end of this one (3/4 of a mile further) to renew that one, but they didn't, they also closed it 2 months ago for 2 days but didn't do anything as the rain was terrible.

When i saw they filled this the next day and got to the other road at the end, they had also redone that whole road too so i guess they just used it as an excuse to actually get the other road done and use any left overs to fill the one i reported.

I did notice that between the end of the road and the pothole they had filled a few more little ones aswel.