ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Powder Coated Wheel Cleaning

Oddesy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup, FK2 Type R
The wheels on my 172 Cup have been powder coated and I'm sure many people have done the same. Just wondered if anyone knows if I can use alloy wheel cleaner on them? I don't know how aggressive it is and I don't want to risk damaging the paint. I'm just cleaning them with normal car shampoo at the moment but they're a pain to get clean. Same goes with tyre cleaner/foam. Any advice or recommended products would be appreciated. Cheers :)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Just use any wheel cleaner that is not acid based.

Anything acid based is bad for regular cleaning. Very bad.

Wonder wheels ''Hot Wheels'' is the in thing at the moment.

Personally I'm a massive fan of Bilberry's. My wheels are sealed with Poorboys Wheel Sealant so I just spray them with 40/60 Bilberry/water mixture, leave it to do it's job for 5 minutes then pressure wash it off.

Never fails.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I've been using Rapid dirt shifter all over the motor, wheels included.

Works great.

Where you getting it from mate? Just wondering where is the cheapest.

OT the wonder wheels hot wheels is brilliant, think it strips protection though so if they are already protected then just shampoo should do providing they aren't heavily soiled.