ClioSport.net

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

  • When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Power cable to battery

Car  172 MK2
I have the guide with the pictures that sport182 wrote (thanks for the pictures) and I've located the grommet but my question is:

Did someone treid to pull a wire that is bigger than 8G???

I need a 2G wire...

Thanks

Tal
 
If I remember rightly you need to make your own hole if your putting in a bigger wire. Seem to remember Dink saying something about it.
 
yeah, i would drill my own hole probably on the bulkhead going through behind the passenger dash/footwell area.
 
I used a bigger wire!

Take the wiper blades off, this will give access into lift the plastic parts on the lower part of the windscreen off. Then undo your windscreen wash bottle and under there you can drill a hole - carefully!!! you can get grommets from halfrauds which will make it look neat - i also put a bit of plumbers mate round it to make sure it was waterproof.

and there you go - jobs a good one!
 
i used 0 guage no problems I had to take the power steering fluid bottle out but no real drama
 
Tal17(MK)2 said:
I have the guide with the pictures that sport182 wrote (thanks for the pictures) and I've located the grommet
Take it that's a guide for getting a wire from the battery into the car? Where can I get hold of it please?

Cheers,
Gareth
 
Back
Top