ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Power Cable

133/225/CLS AMG
Having owned 3 Clios before I should know this but being a lazy sh!te, I've always let someone else install my ICE.

All I wanted to know is where the easiest place to run a power cable through the car is??? Well actually just how to get it through the bulkhead?

The missus has asked me to try and install a 4 channel amp, sub and 6x9s for her!!

Any advice of pics would be very much appreciated. :D :D

J

jamesy

is the bonnet release cable not the best feed so im told never actually fitted on one of them;)

E87 118i
I just discovered my professional audio installer did a kak job....I took everything out on the weekend and they had run RCA's with the power cable and the power cable was fed through the fender and then a hole drilled into the cabin next to the door hinge......

so I suppose you coul do it like that....or not.

BMW M135i
rock said:
I just discovered my professional audio installer did a kak job....I took everything out on the weekend and they had run RCA's with the power cable and the power cable was fed through the fender and then a hole drilled into the cabin next to the door hinge......

so I suppose you coul do it like that....or not.

Seen it done like that a few times before, the grommet approach is a much cleaner option imo.

133/225/CLS AMG
Sounds good, I'll have a go at feeding the lead through there.

If you hear screaming and shouting on Thursday coming from the Croydon direction you know I'm having troubles haha.

Anyone got any pics? Also know of a good place to put the earth lead? or easiest place?

Audi TT 3.2 V6
earth lead -

sand drill a small hole in the boot floor, sand all paint off from around the area you drilled (to give a good, clean earth connection) and pop a self tapping screw in.

or you could use the rear bench mounting points for your earth, should also give a clean connection

133/225/CLS AMG
Don't fancy the drilling but I might earth it under the seat in the back. I believe thats how my old Clio was earthed.

The guy who installed the gear in my first car earthed it too the bolt for the tail light!! lol Can't think that it was all that safe to be honest?!?!?

Audi TT 3.2 V6
AlexJMills said:
The guy who installed the gear in my first car earthed it too the bolt for the tail light!! lol Can't think that it was all that safe to be honest?!?!?

dont see a prob myself (although i have only just got up) as long as there is a good solid connection to the bodywork itll be fine. not sure if there is a main earth bolt on the clio i havent really looked but on my old 206 behind the carpet at the left hand side of the boot there was a bolt with about 10 ground wires connected to it so i just tapped into that.

133/225/CLS AMG
I may look into to earthing it to that bolt then, depends whats easiest really.

I just don't fancy doing any drilling coz knowing my luck I'll drill where I shouldn't lol

clio 1.8 16v
sorry guys i dont mean 2 butt in, but im having the same trouble tryin to run a power cable in mymk1 16v? ive only had the car just over a week, n ive looked but cant find an easy way 4 the power cable.
if you guys could help me out would be wicked!
cheers
rick