ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Power Figures

Hi all

I was just wondering (I’m a newbie when it comes to clios) is why they all make less than the quoted factory power? I’ve seen a few 172/182 and 197 at RStuning with full exhausts, and induction kits and still making less than the quoted power output. Why is this? Not to sound rude

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Hi all

I was just wondering (I’m a newbie when it comes to clios) is why they all make less than the quoted factory power? I’ve seen a few 172/182 and 197 at RStuning with full exhausts, and induction kits and still making less than the quoted power output. Why is this? Not to sound rude

A healthy one is usually not far behind, but those figures are PS, so 182PS not BHP.

PS is a few numbers higher than BHP.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
The engines aren't amazing in that respect, there's no beating about the bush. The engine is undersquare so doesn't rev all that well, which is kind of limiting for N/A. Compared to some other engines around at the same time, like the K20A it's certainly left wanting. Throw a load of money at it and watch it still fail to make power.

It's fairly reliable though and the car is still a hoot to drive, so worry less about numbers and enjoy it for what it is.

RichValver

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16v/172 daily
It just depends on if the cars timed correctly and looked after properly. Mines making above factory with just breathing/exhaust mods (172) 145k miles
Screenshot_20211017-220447_Facebook.jpg

thecrim22

ClioSport Club Member
  various
Just remember that dyno numbers are very hard to compare back to back as different dynos can read different numbers for the same car so many factors can alter the figures. The important part is the curve of the graph its self numbers only tell half the story

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Just remember that dyno numbers are very hard to compare back to back as different dynos can read different numbers for the same car so many factors can alter the figures. The important part is the curve of the graph its self numbers only tell half the story
This!

when I used to go to rolling road days from here then generally the healthy 172s made high 160s and the healthy 182s made mid to high 170s, but of course that figure was really only good to let you know if your car was "about where it should be" as I'm sure on another rolling road you could be 10hp or more either side of it

01RS,03 EP3,99 Evo 6
I only use my local Dyno Dynamics dyno. And my 172 PH1, wich has been serviced it´s whole life with 5000 km service intervals made 165 Hp and 202nm with panel filter in the std airbox, ported inlet manifold and 98 Ron. Everything besides that stock. Than installed the 182 manifold and only gained a litlte torque down .

From my experience , the 172 ph2 Cup has the better results when stock. It´s vary rare to see one stock below 170 on a DD dyno. Don´t know if the mapping is any different in stock form.

RichValver

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16v/172 daily
That's a good result! SRR typically read quite low (accurate?)
I'm told it's regarded as one of the more accurate rr yeah.

Iv taken a few of my cars there now and the figures seem to be about right

Clio 1.8 16v ~135bhp from factory
20211113_095154.jpg

225 with filter and exhaust
20210605_150730.jpg