ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Power steering leak.

So guys,

Car parked for a couple weeks and took for a spin this evening.. a moment after setting off started getting real grinding/creaking when I would put a bit of effort on the steering wheel.

Return home and note a leak from the car, also including when I set off.

What usually leaks in these? Piping or pump, or could be either or?

Cheers
Conor

Just had a look, looks like it's leaking lower down, near the drive shaft area, near a gaitor of some kind. I suppose that's the other end of the hose you mention, where hose meets the ram? I must get under it and have a look.

The area by the alternator was clean.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
or the seals on the steering rack are fucked and you need a new rack.

robzracing

ClioSport Club Member
Just had a look, looks like it's leaking lower down, near the drive shaft area, near a gaitor of some kind. I suppose that's the other end of the hose you mention, where hose meets the ram? I must get under it and have a look.

The area by the alternator was clean.

I have a he a leak from one of the joints on the rack but it was only after having a pipe replaced. They’re a bugger to get to!
More likely as someone else has said, a seal on the rack itself.
More investigation needed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robzracing

ClioSport Club Member
Yep that’s it. It won’t be coming from the low pressure side to the reservoir.
But if it’s wet around the driveshaft area it won’t be pump either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry, can't be much help with your leak but wondered if these shots would help you to see where rack pipes are located - bit of a bugger with that iron turd in the way of everything.

1603490394508.png

1603490406292.png