ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Power steering pump fitting??

clio 182
Help and advice needed folks.

My power steering pump appears to be pissing out fluid at the pulley end. Does any one know if there is a seal in that area of the pump which commonly goes or am I dealing with a rare fault?

I've searched previous threads and noted new pumps cost about 230 notes and I'll probably need to get a new aux belt and pulley. I'll sort a new belt but as all the belts and pulleys were changed less than 10k miles ago do I need to change the pulley?

If any one can point me in the direction of a fitting guide, would be much appreciated.

Cheers all.

Bg182 bitsa,thisthat
Check out for sale section iv got a few for sale 1 is off a 05 trophy only 20000 on clock

clio 182
Check out for sale section iv got a few for sale 1 is off a 05 trophy only 20000 on clock

oooo nice sounds just the job I'll have a looky. Did you find it tricky to remove from the car? It looks pretty well tucked away and a right pig to get to ha is anything easy to get to on a clio sport??

Bg182 bitsa,thisthat
They can be a little tricky like i had the rads out when took it off wich made the job a lot easier ,

ITB'd MK1
i did one this week, easy enough with the bumper off. New pumps need a new flange also, which has to be pressed with a special tool into the right position. I've bought the tool as renault pressed the flange on wrong for me twice

clio 182
i did one this week, easy enough with the bumper off. New pumps need a new flange also, which has to be pressed with a special tool into the right position. I've bought the tool as renault pressed the flange on wrong for me twice

Ha its interesting your from Bedford danny, it was on the autodrome when the pump let go. I'm guessing from your name your into driffting to?? Don't supose your intersted in a bmw 323 e21 project drift car? I've got one sitting on the drive that I've been meaning to sort out but I've just not got the time :( oh out of interest how much didyou pay for the flange fitting tool?

172 & LCR
Just buy a second hand pump off another member it's a straight swap aux belt off remove alternator & tensioner pully to gain access as danny says easier with bumper off I'd just replace aux belt if the pully hasn't long been done.
If your mechaniclly minded it should take 3hrs tops.

clio 182
Just buy a second hand pump off another member it's a straight swap aux belt off remove alternator & tensioner pully to gain access as danny says easier with bumper off I'd just replace aux belt if the pully hasn't long been done.
If your mechaniclly minded it should take 3hrs tops.

Sound, job done :approve: