ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Powerflex Burnt Down?

Si

RS Clio 172
Hope this isn't a repost. I did search.

Anyway. sad news :(

http://www.powerflex.co.uk/

hope they get back on their feet asap.

talk of it on some other forums

http://www.nissangtir.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=30496

We spoke to powerflex again and it appears to be worse than we originally though, the fire wiped out all of their machinary, materials, stock, data including all account info, diagrams and info for the kits, also they told us that all their tooling to produce the kits were made from plastic.
Makes us wonder wether or not they'll keep going, they have successfully been going for over 10 years and provisionally dominated the market iin what they were doing. as you may imagine the insurance pay out will probably be a good few million, could be a every possibility maybe they'll decide to just take the money and call it a day rather than starting again who knows.

:dapprove::S

Si

RS Clio 172
and "did the bushes catch fire" is NOT a funny joke, Dan.

edit: you're wayyyyy too fast.

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
aah got beaten to posting a thread by 2 mins and I sell them! must type faster...

s**t, i was gonna order some next week, thats pissed on my chips

We have a fairly decent stock at the moment which ones you after?

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
well we've got that in stock so you should be ok..

I'll see how much I can get from the distributor first thing monday to top us up on our range

Tangoed Works
Unlucky for them. I bet the other manufctures, Superflex etc are thinking their Christmas has come early!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
ha ha at jesus lol!

shiiit i just got some powerflex bushes the other day but not all i needed :/ gutted

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
LOL at Jesus there!

Suprised there is no Moses/Burning bush jokes floating around.

Taken from a friend;

Dear Powerflex Partner
Some of you may have heard by now that we suffered a major fire at our factory last Wednesday evening.
We have had a tremendous number of messages of support and offers of help from customers, staff, friends and even competitors.
I will try to sum up the situation as we are today, Wednesday evening 2nd December. However this does change.
· After almost a week, the situation we are in is nowhere near as bad as we first feared. We have been able to save a tremendous amount of stock. We also have recovered the majority of the tooling, which of course is the valuable bit.
· We have rented a new factory unit and office space.
· We have set up all IT systems and restored all data.
· We have ordered new production equipment.
· We are kitting out the factory with racking.
· Installation of a dedicated electricity supply is complete.
· We have retained all staff, because without our loyal skilled staff we have nothing.
· We have full insurance and are working closely with them so that they can give us as much help and advice as possible.
· We have one phone line (full system being installed next week) and email working at sales@powerflex.co.uk

· If you have outstanding orders with us that you have not been advised have been shipped then assume that you will not get them. We are effectively cancelling all orders but as we get up and running we will contact everyone and ask to confirm new orders.
· If we owe you credits then please bear with us. Send us an email to confirm anything that you are concerned about. We will not let you down.
· If you are a supplier then please send us a statement and bear with us with regard to speed of communication. We need our great suppliers as much as we need our customers.
· Please look at your stock inventory and try not to sell the last one of any part numbers that you have. We may ask you to return some part numbers for us to use as masters for the new tooling, simply as a double check.
· If you owe us money, please put yourself in our position and do not hold out on us!

· Finally, we need all of our customers help and understanding. We will be back much faster than you think and we will be, stronger, better and bigger with your help. We will not be beaten by this. What we have left is much more than we thought possible.
We do not know what caused the fire at the moment, but most importantly of all, no one was hurt.

Once again, thank you to everyone who has sent kind messages.
We will be at Autosports International so please come and see us and you can buy the coffee!
We have a Facebook page that you can get to though our website homepage. It will be a big help if you can join this and show your support.
With very best regards from myself and all of the United Team at Powerflex.

David Power.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Is that his real name??

David POWER. That is an awesome name....

Back OT. They'll be ok. What doesn't kill us only makes us stronger and all that.

ValverInBits
I met a guy called John Power once. He was nice. But instantly the biggest hero i'd ever met on account of his name.

Powerflex ftw.

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Is that his real name??

David POWER. That is an awesome name....

Back OT. They'll be ok. What doesn't kill us only makes us stronger and all that.
I really hope his business partner is called Steve Flex or something similar.

Good to hear they're getting back on their feet.

ITB'd MK1
they sent that to everyone subsribed to their facebook fan page. Good news!!
I heard Torque of the Devil have GIVEN them office space as of 9am the morning after the fire. Can't say fairer than that.