ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Powerflow Exhaust

White Sti Hatch
Im gonna head over to my local powerflow fitter and get a price for a cat bak on the Mk3 just wondering if anyones had dealings with powerflow exhausts before hand and what there like ??

172 and vw passat
my brother got his done on his mitsu colt, and has to be said they did a good job :D

Astra van,Mk1 nova
i got my decat done at powerflow last week and so far so good, when i seen the decat before he fitted it, looked like a good job , going back when i have cash to get just a tailbox and a straight thro system like rufstuff ;)

polo
had a PF cat back on my old clio. cost 280 inc VAT. was very loud but sounded good (if u like tht). they were good to deal with but as already said it depends on the fitter as to quality standards. hope this helps

White Sti Hatch
Eck how much that decat cost you ???

King take it you didnt have a silencer fitted with it just a straight pipe from the cat to the back box ???

Going over to glenrothes to talk to the Powerflow fitters and see what the story is along with price and hopefully get to take a look at a car there working on will have to see

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I had a stealth powerflow on my 172 , £270 fitted . You can choose your own back box for how loud / quiet you want it . Couldn't fault them . Only ever heard good thing about the guys at Burnley Powerflow .

Iceburg 172FF
Got mine at burnley powerflow the other month. Quite loud but thats how I wanted it so very happy anyway! Stealth fully fitted £270, bargain!

White Sti Hatch
I had a stealth powerflow on my 172 , £270 fitted . You can choose your own back box for how loud / quiet you want it . Couldn't fault them . Only ever heard good thing about the guys at Burnley Powerflow .

Im still torn between stealth or 3"slash cut in :S.....Im just looking for something with a bit of a growl at idel and grunt when you boot it but something thats preferably quiteish around motorway crusing speed

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
It'll always be slightly louder at motorway speeds than the original . I always have the cd player on so didnt notice lol . At idle it sounded really good , a nice rumble , and if you booted it it sounded really good , turned a few heads ;)

I'm gonna need one for my 182 soon so i might have drive over and see what they quote pricewise .

White Sti Hatch
Well im going to RJM & SONS in glenrothes just over the road from falkland performance where the scottish rolling road took place

So heres hoping that there good lol

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Got mine at burnley powerflow the other month. Quite loud but thats how I wanted it so very happy anyway! Stealth fully fitted £270, bargain!

I got my stealth done there, told them they were recomended by people on here and got it it for £250:D . They did a good job but I did have to go back and get bigger rubber mounts put on for the back box, although they did it for free.
I got the quietest one and its just a little louder than a standard and sounds better (although it was a little boomy around 4000rpm until it got abit of use)

White Sti Hatch

I got my stealth done there, told them they were recomended by people on here and got it it for £250:D . They did a good job but I did have to go back and get bigger rubber mounts put on for the back box, although they did it for free.
I got the quietest one and its just a little louder than a standard and sounds better (although it was a little boomy around 4000rpm until it got abit of use)

Any chacne youve got a vid mate ???

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member

Any chacne youve got a vid mate ???

Not got a vid right now but could do one tomorrow probably

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Mines a bit noisey but the chav in me quite likes it :) Paid £200 all in about 2 years ago with a stealth tailpipe, was a bit more if I had one of their fancy pipes.

White Sti Hatch
Well just been through to see them and qouted £360 Cat-Bak fully fitted with 3"slash cut into bumper

For a De-Cat i would be £120 and a Sports Cat £282

So atm Exhaust is put on hold

White Sti Hatch
Lol fair nough, im gonna wait a bit and see when K-tec etc bring out there systes as after finding out i cant get the Pipe right up into the bumper only half cause i huge lump of plastic spanning the lenght of the rear bumper gonna look into a steath system

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
A couple of vids of a quiet Powerflow stealth. Has to be said vids just can't do them justice;)
th_VIDEO_010.jpg

th_VIDEO_006.jpg

ITB'd MK1
can't believe people think powerflow stuff is good still. Their materials are the cheapest grade they can get away with calling stainless, and the boxes are paper thin. It should tell you something that at one dealer, mornings were for making new systems, and afternoons for warranty work. And that's EVERY DAY

Clio 172 Mk2 PH2
My PF full system with decat is nice. Not to loud and it came in at a fair price, the quality is reasonable for what you pay and watching the guy fit the system I picked gave me piece of mind.

Last edited:
  ITB'd MK1
My PF full system with decat is nice. Not to loud and it came in at a fair price, the quality is reasonable for what you pay and watching the guy work on the system I picked gave me piece of mind.

watched Charlie at Prospeed build a system the other week. Nothing short of perfection, and cheaper than powerflow were 5 years ago

Clio 172 Mk2 PH2
^^ I would not drive that far, dude. The gas getting there and back etc...
I guess we all have our preferences’

ITB'd MK1
^^ I would not drive that far, dude. The gas getting there and back etc...
I guess we all have our preferences’

the mileage I know is crap for a lot of people, was a LONG day (5am to 1am)

Just an example that quality workmanship is out there really

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Well if mine sounds as good as realnumber 1's ill be very pleased.

Cheers, and as said the vid dosn't do it justice. Sounds great now the boomyness (if that is a word?:S ) has gone.
You should go to DCMS BURNLEY (was topgear) if you intend to get one, not far from you. From what I read before getting mine, alot depends on where it's done;) .
I also got a CS discount with a bit of blagging:D