ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Powerflow or K-tec

I am in two minds about which to get, i keep hearing all the good reports about k-tec from clio drivers but i know that powerflow are meant be good aswell. Which one should i have,? by the way i drive a 99 1.2 rt.

Not to bothered about performance just looks and sound, the louder the better!

k-tec - good build quality, sound beautiful below 80mph

powerflow - build quality (as good as the fabricators abilities, similar sound to k-tec (not sure about booming though)

Toureg vW Transporte

i had a powerflow to start with but it must of been a crap day for the fabricators, as it was not very good quality, have a ktec now , fits fine, sounds good and the quality is easily as good as magnex exhausts ive had before

I am really happy with my Powerflow - wouldnt change it for anything - mainly because there isnt a standard backbox which looks like mine.. Heh. I guess I got them on a good day.

Because powerflow is just a franchise..all it is it a garage welding some universal pipes together. Youd be likely to lose power from a powerflow, whereas a k-tec would maintain or increase. My k-tec also sounds good..but i have a bit of strange corrosion on the tailpipe..

-Rob

i would go for a powerflow, from a personal point of view. Easy to take back if something goes wrong, also the price includes fitting. I have one on my old vw polo sound amazing. I am going to get another one soon for my car. i thought i gained power

RobFenn,

Youre right about losing power as well, car seem to feel a lot less torquey with the powerflow, with the K-tec it deffo feels a lot better, ive raced a lot of my mates, that used to be around the same speed as me and now i can pull away!