ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Powerflow

Hey,

Going to be getting a powerflox backbox this weekend and just had a couple of questions.

1) With regard to the sound, I know you can "tune" it to what you like, but to what degree? Like, I want it to "sound like an Impreza Turbo", or simply "not too loud - rumbles on tickover and roars when you open it up". Do they have sample ones so you can hear them?

2) Do they have sample tailpipes you can put against your car to see what it will look like before you get them to make yours?

3) Do the above two questions usually change from distributor to distributor.

Thanks for any help,
Daz.

FRST and 106 GTi

hum... dont know how is done in uk, but... you cant get a impreza exhaust sound... just because its a boxer engine... :/

about tailpipes... here you have a wall full of tailpipes so you can choose, take it and just put against you exhaust exit so you can imagine better how it would look like.

I guess you people in uk can do this also.

Hmm, I know it wont sound like an Impreza.. But that kind of rumbling sound... I really dont know what kind of "tuning" of sound they do... Im hoping they do have examples.

Thanks.

Daz.

daz,

i have a full powerflow system on mine, you can choose your tail pipe and your sound to a certain degree, they just add more silencers if its too noisy, i have one silencer and back box and no cat, its sounds like a group b rally car hehe....nice!

Ok, So I decided to go to another Powerflow Dealer today. Got it fitted in about 1 1/2 hours, after ringing up about an hour before.

*big big big big big smile* :D

Daz.

Ad

MK2 FRS

Where was the powerflow dealer that fitted it the same day??? I spoke to TOPGEAR Burnley and they said the earliest they could fit me in was Oct 14th and that was over a week ago.

Big City Tyres in Nottingham. Did a good job from what I can tell... I waited whilst they did it - Quite fun watching them make it up. :)

Rung them up about 1:30pm, Went down about 2:30pm and it was done by about 4:00pm. :)

Daz.

You can have pics maybe tomorrow or Friday - Depending when I get time.
You can have sound aswell - My mate has a digital dictafone which saves to .wav format... very useful :). Dunno how well it will sound though.

You could just come to the Midlands Meet, because I will be there then ;)

Daz

Ad

MK2 FRS

Have you got a contact number dealer. Were they the same price as everyone else????

my powerflow exhaust nearly cost me a new driveshaft!!!!!!!!

guys beware if you have the cat removed or t hey work near your downpipe!!....had my original full system fitted 4 months ago, goes back two weeks ago to get them to remove one of the two silencers (where cat used to be), made nice difference to the sound and most importantly the power, but I paid a price!!! Yesterday while im at work my missus calls me and says " there is smoke comeing from behind the head and looks like black splodges (she thought oil and could smell candles) on the floor! Had to call my reovery company, when the garage got it up on ramp to see if the sump had cracked, they found..........The downpipe was pushed back, therefore rubbing on and finally buring through Drive shaft gaitor!!!!!......be warned, take care and always watch your exhaust get done!!

does anyone know if there is anything inside the gaitor?? oil?? do i need to get them to fit a new one?

BMW Z4 2.5si Sport

Dont forget pics Daz!!!!

My Fezza has a powerflow. Been on since May. Twin exit, decat :D