ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Prescott Hillclimb - 23rd/24th May - Club Stand

Alpines,5T,21T,Avantime
Renault Clubs @ Prescott La Vie en Bleu

Gotherington, Cheltenham (Home of the Bugatti Owners’ Club)

On Saturday 23rd & Sunday 24th May the Bugatti Owners' Club are holding their third annual celebration of all things French at Prescott 'La Vie en Bleu'.

This is always a great event and this year also celebrates 100 years of the Bugatti Owners' Club and there will be 100 Bugattis on display with many in competition. Several Bugatti Veyrons and an EB110 will also run up the hill.

An ex Ayrton Senna JPS Lotus-Renault 97T will also be running both days. There will be a Battle of Britain Memorial Flight on the Saturday (with a Lancaster, Hurricane and Spitfire) and Sunday will see a special display by a French Stampe bi-plane.

We have space for a 60 car Renault Clubs’ display in the Orchard and there is an opportunity for Renault drivers to participate in competition on Sunday in any Renault Sport, Classic Renault, Alpine or other Renault competition prepared car.

If you want to drive in competition on Sunday you must have at least an MSA National B (non-race) licence and your entry must be in on or before Friday 8th May.

Renault H&C and Renault UK will support the Renault Clubs area (which is open to all Renault clubs) at the event. There is also usually a celebrity driver.

SPECIAL OFFERS & ARRANGEMENTS FOR THE RENAULT CLUBS AREA:

1. Sunday Competition entrants get a Saturday display pass free.

2. Buy one weekend ticket, get one half price. That's £36 (£24 + £12) for two people for the weekend rather than £48 last year. A saving of £12. Or £18 (£12 + £6) for two people on Saturday or Sunday. A saving of £6. You can also buy individual tickets if you want and children get free admission. To make things easier you can buy your tickets directly from us this year.

3. Goody bag with gifts from Renault Histoire & Collection.

4. Meguiar's Concours with a prize for the ‘Best Heritage Renault’.

5. Renault UK have sponsored an award for the ‘Fastest Heritage Renault’.

5. Renault Hospitality Unit with refreshments.

6. Special prize draw for a ride up the hill in a Grand Prix Bugatti

WE HAVE TICKETS HERE READY TO SEND OUT.

BUY ONE GET ONE HALF PRICE

The application form for tickets is here:

http://www.renaultalpineownersclub.com/La Vie en Bleu Renault Clubs Registration 2009.pdf

You can find some photos from last year’s event here:

http://www.renaultalpineownersclub.com/prescott_2008.htm

Alpines,5T,21T,Avantime
Please fill in the form especially if you want the cheap tickets.

If some of you live close I don't mind if Schweppy collects a few in and sends them off together. I'm easy whatever you want to do, but allow me time to send the tickets out. They're wristbands this year by the way.

I'm trying to get a Cavalcade (like a parade up the hill) organised for all the Renaults, but no promises yet.

If you want to enter the competition you need to let me know ASAP as entries must be in by 8th May. The cost is around £100 for three runs 2 practice 1 timed. You need a National B (non-race) licence from the MSA and your car must meet the regs for noise etc.

Really best for those of you that have done a hillclimb or sprint before, but there has to be a first time I guess...

So for those on the list already (that schweppy made) we need to send the form/payment off, then we get the tickets/wristbands etc....

On the day(s) are we parked as a club ie. cliosport, or as a whole ie. all the clubs?

SchwepTek™
Sorry guys.

I'm pretty certain i am going to be unable to attend this now as I have an operation but will keep you guys posted.

:(

SchwepTek™
1. redpete - Both
2. J9HHY - Both
3. Riz - Sunday
4. Ash87
5. Scottlm - Both
6. DanR - Sunday
7. VeinAST - Both
8. Lemonnobby1 - Sunday
9. F0xy - both
10. Powey - Sunday
11. MaceV6
12. Henry - Sunday
13. Bomber - Sunday

clio 197 Sport
Thanks for the up dates, my MSA liscience will not be through for this event, what a pity!!
Are we going to meet up on route to this event so we all go to the same parking area?

Pete

Never above 25mpg
Oh Mr W!! I expect a doctor's note tbh...

Pete it's a good idea, will give Google a scout this week.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
forgot i dont have a REnault anymore, so im out, but will prob come anyway

172 Silver Cup
I am gonna have to take my name of the list, I will try and get up there but not sure what day yet so I am happy to let someone else have my stand position. Many thanks anyway
New List? Taken Me and Riz Out

1. redpete - Both
2. Ash87
3. Scottlm - Both
4. DanR - Sunday
5. VeinAST - Both
6. Lemonnobby1 - Sunday
7. F0xy - both
8. Powey - Sunday
9. MaceV6
10. Henry - Sunday
11. Bomber - Sunday

1. redpete - Both
2. Ash87
3. Scottlm - Both
4. DanR - Sunday
5. VeinAST - Both
6. Lemonnobby1 - Sunday
7. F0xy - Sunday
8. Powey - Sunday
9. MaceV6
10. Henry - Sunday
11. Bomber - Sunday

I can only be there on the sunday now, form sent today.

End of post #82 + #83, i just read I had to send a form off with details and a cheque for tickets so I did lol

I just went off what he said in his post, not on the form... Im going sunday so ticked one £12, one £6, as for every full ticket you buy, you get the 2nd half price....

so its £18 for two people for the sunday....same applies for the weekend, £36 for two people for both days...

Alpines,5T,21T,Avantime
Hi,

Anyone that wants to run up the hill in competition (rather than a parade) must submit a competition entry by 8th May. The form is here: http://www.prescott-hillclimb.com/uploads/2009elecform _1_.pdf

Normally 1 practice. 2 timed.

You need to complete this line as follows because of regulations. We make you a competition member for the weekend so you can compete.

I am a member of the ……..……………RAOC…………………………club

The cost is £98.

You must have a National B licence (non-race). Helmet (in date), suit (single layer) and a couple of other race preps for your car, like an arrow sticker on the ignition barrel showing which way is off.

If you have any trouble completing an entry or have any other queries just give me a call.

Steve

Alpines,5T,21T,Avantime
I just went off what he said in his post, not on the form... Im going sunday so ticked one £12, one £6, as for every full ticket you buy, you get the 2nd half price....

so its £18 for two people for the sunday....same applies for the weekend, £36 for two people for both days...

Yes that's exactly right

Never above 25mpg
Sorry Im going to have to cancel as work said they can't give me time off for this and IOW... (despite them being a month apart... grr)

1. redpete - Both
2. Ash87
3. Scottlm - Both
4. DanR - Sunday
5. Lemonnobby1 - Sunday
6. F0xy - Sunday
7. Powey - Sunday
8. MaceV6
9. Henry - Sunday
10. Bomber - Sunday

LY R26
1. redpete - Both
2. Scottlm - Both
3. DanR - Sunday
4. Lemonnobby1 - Sunday
5. F0xy - Sunday
6. Powey - Sunday
7. MaceV6
8. Henry - Sunday
9. Bomber - Sunday

Qashcow
1. redpete - Both
2. Scottlm - Both
3. DanR - Sunday
4. Lemonnobby1 - Sunday
5. F0xy - Sunday
6. Powey - Sunday
7. Henry - Sunday

im out i think, got a trackday on the saturday, karting on the monday an just bought a house, so money isnt exactly flowing like before

Alpines,5T,21T,Avantime
CAVALCADE / PARADE CONFIRMED - STILL TIME TO REGISTER IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY

Here's the final info that has been sent to those that registered:

REGISTRATION CONFIRMATION & TICKETS

Dear Renault Collector,

Please find enclosed your tickets (wristbands) for La Vie en Bleu as ordered. If you believe there is any discrepancy please get in touch with us as soon as possible. Contact details at the bottom of the page.

You will also find a voucher booklet enclosed with ‘money off’ coupons for the Official Programme, the Prescott Shop and food in the Prescott Lodge.

Your registration for the Renault Clubs’ Area is confirmed.

Registration entitles entrants to:

 A space for their vehicle in the Renault Clubs’ exhibition area
 Use of the Renault hospitality unit for the driver and passenger(s)
 Renault Heritage goody bag for the driver with exclusive La Vie en Bleu items
 Entry into a draw to win a ride up the hill in a Grand Prix Bugatti
 Entry into the Renault Clubs’ Cavalcade on Sunday at around 13.15
 Participation in any additional events organised for the Renault Collectors

Competition entrants from participating clubs who have completed a registration form and/or display their car in the Renault Clubs’ area on Saturday will receive a Renault Heritage goody bag and another gift.

All members of participating clubs who have completed a registration form and display their car in the Renault Clubs’ area on Saturday and/or Sunday will receive a Renault Heritage goody bag. One goody bag per vehicle per weekend.

DON’T FORGET TO SIGN IN AT THE SILVER RENAULT CARAVAN AND COLLECT YOUR GOODY BAG!

PARKING

Enter via the main gate and follow the gravel road that runs alongside the circuit. The French Marque club displays will be in this area that is normally used for public parking. It’s the area in front of the Bugatti Trust & Museum. There will be signs to the Renault Clubs’ display. You and any passengers will need to be wearing your wristband(s) to gain entry. Look out for the silver Renault caravan and the yellow Renault flags. Park considerately in line by model please.

RENAULT CLUBS’ CAVALCADE (Parade up the Hill)

There are three Cavalcades planned on SUNDAY all starting from around 13:15.
The Renault Clubs’ Cavalcade is the SECOND parade and will be led by John Price in his Renault 5 Turbo
The parade will begin immediately after the award of the ‘Whizzo’ (Championship Trophy) to Mark Garner.
Please come along and give Mark your support with cheer and a round of applause!

The parade is open to all Classic Renault, Renaultsport & Alpine vehicles displayed in the Renault Clubs’ area.

Subject to timing the first cavalcade will be run at approximately 13.15; however this is subject to confirmation on the morning of the event. Cars participating in the cavalcades should be lined up along the Orchard fence in one line, nose to tail facing the main entrance; These cars will be called forward onto the track as soon as the track is available.
All participants MUST have signed an indemnity form before joining the queue. Drivers should come to the Club office during the morning to sign in and obtain a wrist band. Without the wristband you will not be allowed to join the cavalcade.

OTHER AWARDS

Renault UK has sponsored an additional award for the Fastest Heritage Renault in addition to the Bugatti Owners’ Club Fastest Time of Day & Class Awards. All registered competition entrants are eligible. The award will go to the fastest registered Renault entrant regardless of the class entered. Non registered vehicles are not eligible.

Meguiar's UK has sponsored an additional award for Best Heritage Renault. All registered vehicles are eligible. The award will go to the vehicle considered to be the best presented Renault in the judges’ opinion. It does not need to be completely original. The judges’ decision is final. Non registered vehicles are not eligible.

The awards will be presented at the prize giving ceremony near the start line at the end of the day. Please come along.

Renault Alpine Owners’ Club, 17 Canada Wharf, 255 Rotherhithe Street, London SE16 5ES
WEB: www.renaultalpine.co.uk EMAIL: mail@renaultalpine.co.uk TEL: 02073946801 MOB: 07956495773