ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

pressed plates fitted

Za**** & Xr250R
I finally recieved my 2nd pair pressed plates today after the 1st being bent in the post thank's to good old royal mail luckily the place i bought them from where very nice and gave me a 2nd pair as a gesture of goodwill, i wasted no time and fitted them :D

ABCD0007-16.jpg

ABCD0010-11.jpg

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
where did you get them from mate? i went to get some ages ago at carnoisser in kettring as they were the only legal place nearest at the time you could do them but when i got there the f*****s had shut down so 40 miles for nothing fail lol

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
Don't think they are legal mate, looked into this for my last car and decided against it in the end.

http://www.signam.co.uk/Plates.aspx

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but don't they need the British standard number on them and the name of the supplier, so th ePo Po can track down who ordered them etc.

Clio 182
Love the plates, had 'illegal' jobbies on me Twingo, soon to be a set on the Clio too! Just one slight niggle hehe, why did you screw them on, spoils the clean look imo, when no more nails double sided tape would've done the job! And yes, you can still get them off again...

Mk6 Fiesta Zs
£60 pound fine these day.

Number plate not conforming to regulations.

yup. had one of those standard length, quarter height plates. police nailed me a few nights ago. 60quid fine. has the fine went up at all? i remember andy from here saying he got a 30quid fine for his?

Mk2 1.2 Campus
I've had a set of these on from the exact same place. Been on about 9 month now and never had any bother. They're reflective, correct font, got the name and postcode and the BS in the bottom right

BMW E46 330i Touring
Pressed plates ARE legal if they conform to all regulatory requirements such as font, size, reflective, the manufacturer print on the bottom, etc.

There's no law dictating that a plate has to be flat plastic, IIRC.

Swift Sport
I'm tempted now they seem to be legal!! :)

Has anyone fitted them using double-sided tape? Cba drilling holes tbh! lol

Betty Big Bum R26
Pressed plates are not illegal as long as the font is the correct size and spacing.

However, most pressed plates are illegal as they have no reflective background. They're not illegal simply because they are pressed.

I had the fuzz try and tell me that mine were illegal just because they were pressed, not true.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
copper must of being telling me porkies even tho he was sound, dam those police and there lieing ways. ill tell them next time there not illigal because there press and see how quickly i get a £60 fine ;)

Last edited:

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182

yea with some double-sided tape that could hold 9kg :( plates were never coming off hahahahahaha even a copper laughed at that

Za**** & Xr250R
These the same legal plates that get people fined and not pass MOT's ye? :)

No these are "legal" the police are like gestapo round here and i pass them all the time with no problems. I wouldn't put illegal plates on my car i was fined before for my old plates i had the T at one side and 12eed squashed at the other, it's not worth the hassle having illegal plates on your car imo

I failed an MOT with my supposedly legal plates from Dubmeister, there is a thread somewhere on it.

had all the legal requirements etc BS code etc etc. :mad:

Clio 182

Mine ('illegal' jobbies, had correct spacing and font, but no place name/postcode and BS number) fitted on the Twingo were held on with No More Nails tape, these wern't budging! Bit of warm water poured over the plates + a hair dryer and they did come away...eventually...with careful, but paitent tugging! Plates were bent to feck though :S

Pics of me Twingo ones...

Image008.jpg

Image007.jpg

Za**** & Xr250R
I failed an MOT with my supposedly legal plates from Dubmeister, there is a thread somewhere on it.

had all the legal requirements etc BS code etc etc. :mad:

I get myne MOT's done at renault and if they will fail renault will fail it lol i've still got my old plates i will just still them on for the MOT :)

Betty Big Bum R26
copper must of being telling me porkies even tho he was sound, dam those police and there lieing ways. ill tell them next time there not illigal because there press and see how quickly i get a £60 fine ;)

just argue it, I got pulled i think 2/3 times for mine on my 172 and never got fined, got the same old excuse "illegal cos they're pressed"- when asked to prove that they are illegal as they're pressed, ie show me the guidelines, they couldnt and so I was on my way. In fact mine didn't have the reflective background but they never seemed to pick up on that. I've just got the paperwork through today to put the reg on the 182 and they're going on tonight. :)

just to add, have a look here http://www.policespecials.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=81351 and here http://www.bnma.org/bnma_legislation1.htm for clarification.

Last edited: