ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Price Check ASAP

Clio 172 Ph1
My 172 is currently at Harretts having a couple of problems looked into and a service carried out. I've just got off the phone now and have been advised that the following need replacing:

Nearside Bottom Arm - £174
Offside Rear Wheel Bearing - £119

Are these reasonable prices or am I being taken for a ride?

Cheers

If they're doing one rear bearing they need to do both sides discs and pads as well because the disc and bearing are one unit. so seems cheap at £119 if they're doing all that.

Clio 172 Ph1
Hopefully that's what they'll be doing then. Cheers for that fella. Just hope I'm not being ripped off with regards to the arm.

ph1 172... Sold:(
If they're doing rear discs they have to do bearings, as 9/10 times you cant get them out without damage. Assuming they've got the press and there's plenty of life on the discs, then the bearing alone should be about 65 quid from reno. You can get the same bearing (SNR) from ecp for mush less.

IIRC the front bottom arm (wishbone) is about 60quid plus vat (Fred at Yozzasport can confirm I think) it's a complete unit inc balljoint.

So if the prices are inc. labour then it would seem ok prices, however;

Changing the full rear disc assembly, assuming you buy the reno genuine kit of discs, bearings. and abs ring pre assembled, is very easy to diy, the whole kit is about £180.00 so for the sake of a few more quid you could have a full new rear end.

Lionel Richie
just a bearing swap would cost £35 for the bearing plus about 1hrs labour (so less than £100)

lower arm is about £60 odd IIRC

they're taking the piss slightly on prices, ask for a price break down on labour and parts