ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Price of Cup Pack Shocks?

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Toying with the idea of doing away with my coilovers and getting a fresh set of Cup Pack shocks and some cooksport or ebaich springs? Any ideas on how much a brand new set of shocks would set me back, and where am I best to go??

Regards,
Mark

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Throwing another option out there - what about Koni adjustables? Meant to be better than stock!

Depends how much it would cost in comparison, don't want to spend an absolute fortune as I don't really have the funds.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
West's do Cup Shocks for circa £50 a corner. The cup shocks and CookSport springs are a great set up, I'm well happy with mine and the ride quality is great.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
all 172/182 shocks are £59.40 each, same price front and rear and for all variants

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Thanks for the replies guys. So I'm basically looking at just over £300 for everything I want then, hmmmm. Just want to make sure the ride height is low enough for my liking.

SQ5
Should be looking at just under.

Shocks are £43 eachish from Wests Renault off here and Cooksport springs are £100.

I've just done the same setup.

SQ5
6yse2e5u.jpg

Only picture I have of ride height

172 cup
8B66797B-1C11-4F18-8462-C1DC3F0EEABD-131-00000005AF4C774A.jpg

The only image I have. That's cup shock and prolines. Really doesn't lower it much at all, how come your thinking of swapping?

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
As DannyR says, best £200 you can spend on a Clio of mk2 age IMO. Coupled with sportlines you end up with a fantasticly handling car. From experience. On the road there wasn't much difference between brand new cup shocks and konis, with konis obviously being better for track use.

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Cheers for the pics chaps! Really liking that ride height tbh. May have to invest at some point. Just not feeling coilies anymore with the comfort levels being so poor.

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
cooksports do look a good height, i have sportlines. and honestly love the ride/handling!!

i'd prefer how a car handles/drives...then how low it looks ;)

WRX
Exactly, I look at my car for about 15 seconds a day. I'm in it for about an hour, so comfort is far more important than looks for me.

e92 330i
Hi mate. Defo go for the cooksports - you've been in mine with sportlines and apparently they're the same comfort but go lower - win win.

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Hi mate. Defo go for the cooksports - you've been in mine with sportlines and apparently they're the same comfort but go lower - win win.

Yeah i remember it being more comfy than coilies! yeah, feeling the cooksports tbh, like that they sit lower, near the height I'm used to tbh.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Can not decide for the life of me if I want to get cup shocks and cooksport springs or just some coilovers.

Damn decisions.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Depends really. If you're spending £300 then springs and shocks all day long. If you don't mind spending more then get decent coilovers.

But maybe I'm biased, I have Konis and sportlines which cost they same as good coilovers!

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Was thinking the spax if I get coilovers or maybe see if these ast coilovers cooksport is working on are any good.

I'd rather get the coilovers but I'm just being tight hence the springs and shock route is more tempting.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Was thinking the spax if I get coilovers or maybe see if these ast coilovers cooksport is working on are any good.

I'd rather get the coilovers but I'm just being tight hence the springs and shock route is more tempting.

Get AST's or H&R's if you want coilovers for a 182 cup. Dont bother with anything else unless ktec pull there finger out and get the b14's in 182 cup fitment sorted.

Other than that get brand new cup shocks and cooksport springs or trophy dampers and cooksport springs.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
You can probably get a full set for about £400. You may be waiting a while though...

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Im in no rush going to sort the belts dephaser and clutch first anyway.

Will see what comes up might even see some decent coilovers for sale on here at some point.

SQ5
Cup and Cooksport is half the price of paying for decent Coilovers.

And it'll give a better all around performance and comfort together.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Fitted cup dampers all round and wishbones to my 172 today...

uploadfromtaptalk1360356479766.jpg

... all four dampers (with new boots and bump stops) came in at £204 new so dampers alone will be around £180ish. Mines on Sportlines and after having the geo setup properly driving the car gives me a chubby again. Can't wait to use it in anger at Bedford next weekend.

Mick

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Cup and Cooksport is half the price of paying for decent Coilovers.

And it'll give a better all around performance and comfort together.

Yeah makes it very tempting I mean only reason id prefer the coilovers is for extra lows on 15s lol.

That looks good mick you got any side on shots?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Nothing full side on no, just like to take pictures of the car after a ckean so Simon Bridgeford can shake his head and say "its too clean" in total disgust.

uploadfromtaptalk1360357899486.jpg

The only other I've got im afraid.

SQ5
Going too low results in hitting the bumper bracket though which isn't nice, gives a nice drop.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I guess it depends why you want lows. I'm too old for that crap now and I'm actually considering Prolines to add some comfort back.

derv biege barge
I have eibach pro on mine standard cup dampers upfront. Go standard dampers at rear if you like but I went through six sets in 8 month period, kept popping seals and loosing oil. I bought koni adjustables for rear in the end 7 months later still working perfectly. Others have no probs on standard rears but not in my instance, konis are superb you won't regret it, lifetime warranty if you get them from larkspeed.com