ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pricing Guides for Clios

I recently purchased a 1992 Renault Clio as temporary point A to B transportation until I can find another suitable vehicle for my child and myself. I am having difficulting finding accurate pricing guides for the older Clio models. Are there any websites or publications in which I can find accurate resale values for my car? Are there any indicators I should look for on the vehicle in order to determine the derivative model?

Thanks.

Not a Clio

Valuations: http://www.parkers.co.uk/pricing/?frommenu=trueParkers

If you trade the car in then youre best going to a garage and asking them outright what theyd give you part ex.

The BEST guide really is looking at how much other people are selling the same car for on http://www.autotrader.co.ukAutotrader

As for finding out what model it is, they usally have some sort of sticker on the door or the bump strip on drivers and passenger door will have a model badge E.g. RL, RN, RT, RSI or 16v.

Failing that... if you post a picture we maybe able to tell from that.

I believe 1.2s came as RL and RN, 1.4s came as RT, 1.8 8v as RSI and 1.8 16v as 16V. Not 100% sure on that though.

Thank you for the quick reply. Ill look into the resources you are suggesting.

I have already poked around Parkers a bit. How might I determine whether Im sitting upon a 1992/J or 1992/K? Are there any markings or codes on the VIN plate under the hood that may also indicate derivative models?

Ill snap some photos and post them up when the rugrat permits.

The best indicator of market value imo is ebay. At least you can see what people are willing to pay for vehicles.

Will it not be on the V5 document?

Im sure that Renault themselves would be able to tell you the exact spec of the car as it left the factory if you give them the VIN plate number but I dont know if this is something that you would be able to do at a dealer or via HQ...

Quote: Originally posted by Acidevil on 08 September 2005

Thank you for the quick reply. Ill look into the resources you are suggesting.

I have already poked around Parkers a bit. How might I determine whether Im sitting upon a 1992/J or 1992/K? Are there any markings or codes on the VIN plate under the hood that may also indicate derivative models?

Ill snap some photos and post them up when the rugrat permits.

Look at the white or yellow plate on the front or rear of your car maybe?

I suppose I should have mentioned the vehicle has Italian tags upon it. The reseller sites give a good indication of how much I should ask for the car and how much I should expect to receive. I would have a greater peace of mind if I had more data about the vehicle. Photos forthcoming if it ever stops raining...