ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

private plate advise please

hello every one. searching threw autotraider today, bored looking at private plates. one caught my eye. TT02GAZ. my nick name is T T. and my first name is gary. it is 570 quid. a bit steep. my mother said she would go half with me for xmas. which was good of her cos i am 22 and she still buys es big for xmas. i should be getting some smellys and some socks. but i am not complaning.......

anyway. i was just wondering weather you lot think private plates are worth the money? and if anyone has had them. do they hold there money if i ever come to sell it.

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

I got mine bout 4 months ago an i already bin offered more than 4 times wot i payed!!

Your car will have to be newer than or a 02 reg to display that plate!!

the car i am getting is a 01 plate just had a look. TT02 gaz. are you sure it will have to be 02 plate. thats a bit of a bumber. the guy on the phone said nothing about it.

i have a private plate and its one of the best things ive ever been given, if it suits you and you want it go for it.

They are worth as much as someone is willing to pay.

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

Quote: Originally posted by GTI Girl on 02 December 2003

You cannot make a car look younger by adding a private plate

beat me to it.

If your after GAZ you can get an irish plate ie. GAZ 1423 quite cheap. These can be displayed on any car as they are dateless plates.

cheers mate. i have been looking, found some good ones. some expencive some quite cheep. think i will get one.

worth the money mate. you wont have think hard to guess what mine is, but I can tell you it has doubled its value already - and thats with a company wanting it!

GR7

Shiny red R32

If you want GAZ you wont get it from the DVLA because they dont have I, Q or Z but there are plenty of Irish GAZ plates about.