ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Private Platew Rip Off

about 3 years back my dad found his ideal license plate and went to bid for it in the auction it sold for £10k not to my dad it is now up for sale again at over £300k! how fcukin cheeky is that!

My name: Alex Ranson

licence plate: RAN 50N

has anyone put a bid in??? who would pay that for that plate??? i would understand if it was RAN 1 or the like

RAN50N is the best plate you could have.. ever.. if Ranson was your surname.

It would be worth a lot of money to someone..

Clio 197

Free market in action. No rip-off at all. It is worth whatever anyone wants to pay for it. The original buyer took a risk and will be rewarded if he can sell at a profit. Nothing wrong with that!

Downside: If nobody wants to pay more than him...thats a pretty expensive piece of plastic!

£300k for that most people would rather spend it on something like

1F & F1

Gezza round my area has 2 brand new volvos with both plates!

Theres a base spec VW Bora round my way with the reg plate F1 CAR. They could have probably afforded an F1 car if theyd not bothered with the plate. Very bizzare. They also have a Rav 4 with the plate X RA11Y.

Quote: Originally posted by Essex_Lad on 28 September 2003

£300k for that most people would rather spend it on something like

1F & F1

Gezza round my area has 2 brand new volvos with both plates!
Think youll find the council owns those m8! Driven like imbeciles the last time I encountered one - apparently 40mph is the limit on a national speed limit road... :mad: