ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pro Speed Exhaust Owners - A Question

fatboymal

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
To all those with a Pro Speed exhaust on their 182, how many mounting points are there on the rear?

I've just had mine done, and it reverberates like mad at the rear on idle when warm, the entire parcel shelf hums and it hurts your ears. So I just had a look how it was mounted, and there are 4 mounting points on the rear box. The 2 normal Renault ones, then 2 extra ones just using a hard rubber block direct onto the chassis!

fatboymal

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Anyone with a Pro Speed 182 exhaust that can look to see how many mounts on the rear box? 4 just seems too rigid.

fatboymal

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Give it a couple of weeks and it will settle down a bit.

Thanks for the reply. It's been on a couple of weeks and had a fair number of miles. The problem is not the level of sound (well, that is a separate problem but easily fixed by repacking or changing baffle size), the problem is at idle and the amount of vibration caused in the boot area. I'm just curious to see if they are always mounted with 2 additional rubbers.

It's going back anyway to have new Renault hangers installed, the old ones were obviously knackered.

Anyone that can have a quick look under their boot?

Owen

ClioSport Admin
Pm pritchard182 (Dan) as I know he has one. Otherwise search "prospeed" on here and fire off some pm's to those who have had 182 systems fitted.

fatboymal

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Yea mine is the same mate i just put small velcro pads under the parcel shelf works a treat

Thanks for the reply, so Charlie must do them all this way. Just seems to put a lot of extra vibration in the boot area, and must put a lost of extra stress on the manifold? I assume the Pro Speed back box must be lighter than the two Renault back boxes combined, so would have thought the standard hangers would be sufficient.

Anyways, it's going back to Charlie so will see what he says. Cheers.