ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Prob. the easiest thing in the world 2 do! Help! Speedometer Bulb

Probably gonna be the easiest thing in the world to do but I havent got a clue!

Rev counter side of my dial display is fine but it seems like the left hand side (speedometer side) has gone!

What type of bulb do I need (If it is the bulb thats gone!) and how do I go about changing it?

Thanks for your help, Jo.
jody@lavery-bir.com

Where's the best place to get the LED from? Are their certain sizes?

Also, does anyone have any step by step instructions, or does & dont's please?

Ive also got a prob with my rev counter! somestimes it works ok but for most the time it doesnt work at all! I had a new temperature switch fitted last week as that wasnt working either but I forgot to mention the rev counter! Any ideas what the problem could be?

Thanks once again for all the help. Jo

Sorry its a J Reg MK1 Ph1, 91-92.

Costing me an arm and a leg lately!

Battery's been gettin drained right down last few months so its goin back in the garage on Weds for what im guessin will be a new alternator. (Completely went again on Sat and that battery is only 2 months old if that!) The guy who gave me a jump start mentioned I need a "relay" going from my amp to the battery! Is this right? I've had my sound system for nearly a yr and a half and dont remember having battery problems up until recently!

Thanks, Jo.

Polo + Micra
yeah you need little filament lamps (sorry don't know the model number)

also you don't need a relay for your ice

Do you think my ice problem is to do with the alternator then from what I have said? Just really want the problem sorted, i never know if my car is gonna start or not! Plus I dont want to risk gettin charged for an alternator if its not the prob!

Can anyone help with the filament lamp model no. or any breakers out their got one going?

Thanks Dink & theduckeatspork, really appreciatte it. Jo

Is that an expensive job mate? Any ideas on what i'll be looking to pay? Just dont want to get ripped! Though I am fed up of it dying on me when I need it most!

I dont think they're too bad, I paid £235 last week for a new radiator, heater matrix, temperature switch, coolant etc. inc labour and VAT which I was pretty happy with considering the heater matrix is a fiddly job.

Polo + Micra
if you got a multimeter you could see if it charging by checking the voltage at the batt

No unfortunately I dont have a multimeter, looks like im just gonna have to trust the garage!

Any ideas what my Rev Counter prob could be?

Also, does any1 have some step by step instructions for replacing the speedometer side led?

Thanks, Jo.

Does anyone know what my Rev Counter prob could be?

Also, does any1 have some step by step instructions for replacing the LED from the speedometer side?

Thanks for your help, Jo.