ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Probably a stupid question...

Youll have to excuse my lack of knowledge when it comes to this sort of thing but here I go anyway. Ive done 3800 miles in my 172 from new and it is now telling me it is out of oil and the serv light is on. Is this normal? Ive been driving it pretty hard and if possible I dont want to take it to my local Renault dealer for them to f**k up.

Eh no shouldnt be out of oil in that time. I did 12,000miles before service and it had only gone down by 2 thingies on the dash thing! I would get it down the garage asap perhaps on a trailer!!

Skoda Fabia vRS

you can always top it up urself that should be very easy

Shell Ultra is the correct grade so pick up a small bottle when you next fill up, its the 5W one you want

BMW 320d Sport

Well its under warranty so get down to the garage ASAP. Otherwise if it is knackered theyll only claim that you ignored the warning signs!

the serv light jumped on today too with mine car, car is out of oil.. i have 6000 KM till now.. maybe i need to refill it this quick because i have a open k&n filter..

Thanks people.
The serv lights gone off now, it says oil ok again and the dipstick reckons Im doing just fine for oil. I reckon theres something wrong with my trip computer as its not the first problem I had. Its going into the garage on saturday anyway, so Ill get them to look at it (and probably make it worse).

Lionel Richie

Its a factory fault on all clios. Have a look under your passenger seat, theres a wire that controls the airbags/serv light it ALWAYS comes lose when you open the seat to let passengers in and turns the light on, just push the two ends together and itll go out.

I had the same problem with my clio until I took it to the local garage. Guess what they had done? Just snipped the two offending wires and hard wired them together!

Does the job I suppose, and now Ive got a 172Cup on order so I dont really care anymore. Just hope I have no teething troubles with my new baby!