ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

problem accelerating

over the weekend my mk1 clio started stuttering when accelerating, i can only describe it as driving against super strong winds, sometimes it accelrates fine, others not all, or its stutters and the power delivery isnt constant. I find it isnt as bad if i lift off and accelerate again but after a few seconds it starts happening again. another way to describe it is as if somethings blocked and air cant get through. also happens when parked in neutral, sometimes it will rev up fine and reach top revs and others it will struggle and bounce back and forth between revs while slowly decreasing. any ideas?

1.2 16v Dynamique
If I'm guessing what you mean correctly then perhaps its misfiring? I had a similar predicament on mine. Changed the spark plugs and all was well...

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
Change spark plugs / could be worn or incorrectly gapped
Change fuel filter / could be cloged

Do that first, if no joy then it could be>

dodgy ignition coil
Fuel pump could be faulty
faulty HT leads
vacuum leak someware
fuel pipes fucked

But hopefully not...

Also put some injector cleaner in for good measure

Ps, are you sure the brake(s) are not binding and that your cluth is not slipping?