ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PROBLEM SORTED WHOOP!! THANKS EVERYONE, BUT YOU WONT BELIEVE THE CAUSE! LOL

clio 172
put up a few posts about my car lackin in power, engine management light on, slow 0-60 02 senser readings, ive found the problem
206976_10150538597165112_764575111_18144247_2767674_n.gif

this was at the end of the filter, there was no air gettin into the car, took of the filter and gave it a run BLIMEY OH RILEY! it flew! so back on went the air filter, minus the offending shite, and a new cold air feed installed and its brilliant, just goes to show renault said it was fine HAHA noobs, my mechanic was scratchin his head, but it all makes sense slow 02 reading off no air gettin in!
i am now a happy driver, plus get the new alloys on tomo and get the chav ones off, will post pic tomo
thanks again everyone that posted :)

Golf GTD Mk7
lol how the hell did that get sucked in? Must have been a mechanic doing what surgeons do leaving tools behind. No way that would suck thought the CAF pipes surely :S

clio 172
the filter comes with a cold air feed but there isnt any room to install it?? so which ever muppet installed it put that on and crushed the hell out of it, stopping all air, been driving it now for about 2 hours since fixing it, it makes a great noise now, gotta say :hail:
cant believe though no one spotted it, it was tucked away under the slam panel i can forgive my mechanic, but the renault dealer?? there mechanic drove it and said it was fine!!!!! wtf!!! it was slower than a 1.4 clio by half a second!!!! but just glad its fixed and for free! felt like a right genius after lol

clio 172
No its got am amp one or something, a cone filter thing, it was stuck in the front of it under the slam panel stoppin all air gettin in jesus know's how it passed the mot
Must have been runnin proper rich?

clio 172
new wheels on it, feels better all ready
DSC00717.gif

DSC00716.gif

DSC00715.gif

really happy with the way it looks now and sits, nexted is matched inlets and a remap gonna aim for about 200 bhp my remapper says he got one to 197 with out the matched inlets so should be interesting what power its gonna be puttin out?

To gain 200bhp out of your car you need to go down the ITB route, your mapper who says he got 197bhp out of a 172 with just matched inlets is talking utter crap

astra gsi/cliosport 172
tbh i think your remaper was talking about a clio 197 and he remap`d it too 200bhp ! not a 172 ph1 youd be lucky to get 172bhp !

clio 172
ive done some research into it, and i find it hard to believe but he seamed pretty confident i know these engines are pretty well tuned, ill wait and see, i would like 200 bhp out of it eventually, filter exhaust already on, get the matched inlets, maybe some cams too all depends on price

clio 172
really? so what i need? got 40bhp out of the dc5 with a exhaust filter inlet manifold and kpro remap? take it these little things arent gonna be as easy so cams exhaust filter machted inlets and a remao wont increase the bhp by 30! jesus sounds like its not worth it?

E46 M3
As said above you need throttle bodies to get 200 (waits for someone to prove me wrong ;))

Oh and yes, it isn't really worth it. Do exhaust, filter, inlets and remap and just be happy with whatever it ends up with. (which will be around 173 for a good one)

clio 172
sounds good to me pal, cheers for the advice you can never have to much advice, all i need now is the inlets then the remap, seen a few sites lookin at about 180 ish for the inlet so thats the next job to get on with, :cool:

320d
I wouldn't be overly concerned about headline bhp figures. Mods like matched inlets, remaps etc are more about drivability on Clio's. I'd get that cone filter off too, causes erratic torque curves. Standard ph1 172 airbox or an espace v6 airbox is what you want mate.

RS RIP
my 194 (something the like) came from cams, inlets, exhaust, exhaust manifold + remap..

and it cost silly money. Love the car but it's a lot of money. Your tuner will not be up to the job with the things he is promising