ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

black gold 182 daily :)!

clio 182 :)
Hey all im fairly new to the forums and ownership of the clio 182. Had it around 2 months now just thought that i would do a progress thread like thing it wont be an action packed one like some of them but just for reference for my self more than anything :)

bought her on september 14th looking like this;

280507_10151040863651960_401563919_o.jpg

77835_10151040875391960_472739954_o.jpg

over the first few days of ownership it had a couple of teething problems but nothing too major , realised i had a break bulb out in a reflection then strangely also an indicator at the same side got out wondered round to the back of the car to find that the seals on the rear lights are not the best design in the world and had gotten moisture in the terminals and they had corroded so i cleaned them up squashed them together so they bit the light better when i clipped them back on and gave them a nice wet of WD40 to keep things dry and back on they came :) all been well touch wood, next problem i had came a week or so later emission light flashing up every now and then went off every time you turned the ignition off then re started the car got me a bit puzzled then i was told that the exhausts build up alot of water which in turn gets hot when the car is running and evaporates and confuses the o2 sensor resulting in emission light popping up the fix was , drill 2 holes in to the back boxes at the lowest point to release the water. Scrapped that idea and started looking at stainless cat back systems but did not want something stupidly loud so i had my mind set on a cat back after reading in to it hear and there i chose the rs192 set up but i could not afford it at the time so that waited and i just gave the car some love, gave it a nice polish with auto glym for dark paints with the help of a female assistant i made her do a bit as well haha.

621646_10151045605421960_1003623722_o.jpg

so all looking good and everything was going well in the world of the clio ownership. next this arrived in the post :)!

190309_10151076820616960_1819338354_n.jpg

got exited before i took a photo so i had stuck the sticker on my window and the tax disk holder already lol, next toy came in the post not long after;

:):):):):)!!!!!!!!!!!!!

314189_10151067501431960_421474978_n.jpg

dead happy with the quality of the exhaust and the speed i received it only took a couple of days, found my old spaced out reg plates the other day so i slapped them on whilst i put the exhaust on its meant to say (.kieran.c) sort of thing i think it looks good but that's just my opinion.

644101_10151071394611960_450745955_n.jpg

Thats all for now next on the list is;

Anthracite / gun metal grey wheels to look like the cup ones.
40mm drop(with out making ride too harsh).
decent air filter and cold air feed or V6 air box and panel filter with cold air feed.
RS tuner remap.
xenon blue sidelights and number plate bulb.

and thats all i can think of for now :)! thanks for looking

haha :), and now you come to mention it i think you could be right lol! its more than likely my amazing reg plate attaching skills, forgot to mention i removed the Renault Sport badges aswell :p

Did these the other day as well whilst it was dry and i was bored YELLOWWWW :)

277652_10151054682221960_1396033273_o.jpg

any one know what the little dot on the disk is for ?

Looking good! The car isint bad either..

You going to put a cup spoiler and a front splitter on? It massively improves the overall look and not too expensive (£12 or so for a Fabia splitter.)

Looking good! The car isint bad either..

You going to put a cup spoiler and a front splitter on? It massively improves the overall look and not too expensive (£12 or so for a Fabia splitter.)

hahaha thanks ;) , yeah ive been looking at doing something along those lines, really like the front splitters was going to get a carbon one untill i saw £160 price tag lol, what are the standard ones like for price from renault?, and whats the difference in spoiler? cant say ive noticed hahah :eek:

Looks good!
Don't you have mirrors with painted covers?

cheers :), and no thats how it come do they come off or do i have to buy covers or can i just spray those mirrors?

cheers kieran :)

Renault Clio MK4 RS
I thought the 182 came as standard with c/c mirrors :S but yeah 182 is looking nice kieran! you off to Hulloween cruise?

I thought the 182 came as standard with c/c mirrors :S but yeah 182 is looking nice kieran! you off to Hulloween cruise?

as far as i know its the FF and cup editions that have c/c mirrors , and not sure might show my face n have a walk round as you do but wont be on a stand with any one lol , you off?

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
splitter is like a million quid from Renault so most (myself included) use skoda splitter, £11 from the dealer and its from a 07 plate or newer fabia, trim a bit off and self tap it on, done. its not identical so those purists in the know tend to poo poo them but for the cost on a low car its worth it!

hahaha thanks ;) , yeah ive been looking at doing something along those lines, really like the front splitters was going to get a carbon one untill i saw £160 price tag lol, what are the standard ones like for price from renault?, and whats the difference in spoiler? cant say ive noticed hahah :eek:

This is mine before the cup spoiler was fitted:

DSC_0058_zps7291f697.jpg

And new freshly painted cup spoiler from Chris ( Autocrash )

DSC_0148.jpg

Renault Clio MK4 RS
as far as i know its the FF and cup editions that have c/c mirrors , and not sure might show my face n have a walk round as you do but wont be on a stand with any one lol , you off?

Think im off with the unknown modifiers and off on a stand with them, even though my cars pants im still off for the fun :p

splitter is like a million quid from Renault so most (myself included) use skoda splitter, £11 from the dealer and its from a 07 plate or newer fabia, trim a bit off and self tap it on, done. its not identical so those purists in the know tend to poo poo them but for the cost on a low car its worth it!

cheers coops, do you have a photo i could see please £11 sounds good to me hahah :)

cheers for that Ghm looks alot better if im honest may need to invest in one of those also

v800 mjh i have a couple probs not a good idea sticking them on here tho hahaha

jordanb29 i will maby see you there then when i take a walk around :)

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Colour Coded Mirrors were standard on all RS's. They should also be heated too, so if an owner before you has replaced them it looks like they've gone the cheap non CC'd, non heated option.

Colour Coded Mirrors were standard on all RS's. They should also be heated too, so if an owner before you has replaced them it looks like they've gone the cheap non CC'd, non heated option.

i dont think there heated, only controls i have near the door are left n right mirror adjustment no heated mirror setting or dose it come on with the demist button ?

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Yes, the heater elements come on with the rear window de-mister. Look in the owners handbook :)