ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Problem with my 182 and un helpful dealers advice needed!!

I had my first major breakdown saturday just gone. I was driving to work saturday morning, all of a sudden car started to misfire badly through the whole rev range and the exhaust gas monitoring light was flashing... Anyway I called the AA they told me I cant drive it and had to get it towed to local dealers this was about 9am saturday morning.
Ive phoned them both monday twice and now today and they still havent looked at it!!!! Ive not been offered any replacement car and all I being told is that they are really busy and when they get a moment they will look at it.. For all I know this could keep going on all week maybe longer!!!!!!!
I need my car, i start work a 5am 6 days a week and there is no other way I can get to work.
How is best to try and sort this I didnt want to start raging at anyone but I need a car!!! I know there not really bothered its just another day in the office for them they get to go home in there cars at the end of the day!!!!!!! AAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
Help me please..

P.S My local Renault dealer is also Renault Minute which I understand is a drive in whilst you wait service so surely they could make a little to plug the dam thing into the computer?????

Last edited:
  MY10 R35 GTR
go to the head man and complain!!!! write a letter to the customers service.

To be honest not sure what else you can do.

Sorry mate

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
did you notice the temp guage? was it not reading by any chance?

did you notice the temp guage? was it not reading by any chance?

Didnt noitce anything like that to be honest I was on my way to work so was about 5am so was still half asleep though the AA dude thought it might be something to do with the ignition coils or spark plug related??? I imagine if the temp gauge was acting odd then I would have noticed, maybe??
gt_gaz what are you thinking it could be?

Rob.

go to the head man and complain!!!! write a letter to the customers service.

To be honest not sure what else you can do.

Sorry mate

Funnycar55 im probably gonna go up there tomorrow after work and have a word see what they can do coz I cant really be without my car as I said..

I am not one to normally start moaning but a what point should you ay enough is enough its going on to long now?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
182s have a temp sensor problems, they massivley over fuel causing very rough running and or stalling, do a search on it, could be that?

Last edited:
182s have a temp sensor problems, they massivly over fuel causing very rough running and or stalling, do a search on it, could be that?

Hmmm.. Sounds very similar to what happened to me although I never noticed the temp gauge definatly misfiring ticking over well s**t! I was driving down the A2 about 30mph waiting for it to die on me then as quickly as it played up it went fine again then broke again.. When I got it to the dealers it was running fine..

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
182s have a temp sensor problems, they massivly over fuel causing very rough running and or stalling, do a search on it, could be that?

Hmmm.. Sounds very similar to what happened to me although I never noticed the temp gauge definatly misfiring ticking over well s**t! I was driving down the A2 about 30mph waiting for it to die on me then as quickly as it played up it went fine again then broke again.. When I got it to the dealers it was running fine..

they are the symptoms, i think its a loom or connection problem, i'm sure someone who knows more will add any comments

liquidized RacingBlue 182
i had a simular prob a mnth ago, was the exhast gas monitor....fitted a new sensor and was fine.... got it done under warrenty

My temp gauge has been playing up aswell.

rwaterman hows your clutch been latley, is it still creaking?

Fletch123 since the weather has cooled the clutch seems fine all nice and smooth probably wont need to worry till next year hopefully!!

I want my 182 back.

1998 BMW e46 323i
Sounds exactly like what happened to my 172 a while back.

Turned out to be an HT lead. Outside of warranty, so the car went to a local indie. Spare HT off a donor car and £50 cash later (inlet manifold out job) and I was back on the road