ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Problem with topmounts after fitting coilovers HELP PLEASE!

172 Ph2 + Gashtravan
Hi guys. I recently fitted a set of Ktecs coilovers to my 172 (ph2) flamer. I put everything back together as i think it should be. but the thread on the top doesnt come throught the top of the top mount. it is absolutely b0ll0ck tight though but i have this problem. there is a gap between the top mount and the turret it should tighten to so its obviously causing a lot of movement in it when driving.

here is a picture. please let me know if i may have fitted something wrong or if there is a solution to this problem.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thanks a lot
James

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
did you use the original slimline nut, or the nut that comes on the coilovers? the nut that is fitted for delivery isn't meant to be used

172 Ph2 + Gashtravan
No i used the slimline nut of the original shock. Dont understand why it will only go down this far!

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
I think there's something extra or something not located. Take it apart and try again

Lionel Richie
top hats not push al the way down on the strut, the top mounts don't touch the body you do realise?