ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

problems willy / 16v hybrid

problems engaging gears and floting idle then dros right down and nearly stalls ............ any ideas?

cheers lads!! and lasses!!!

C

chip16v

your problem with gear changes could be due to the adjustment on your clutch or your gear change linkage needs adjusting. the revs problem could be your idle speed control valve

sounds like your clutch is not disengaging correctly - remove the platic grommet that the ped rests on - you will here it click as it comes up. Replace the clip and see what its like then after.

Sounds like your idle sensor needs a clean / replacing. Cant remeber the correct part name... both easy fixes m8.

Really doin me head in now!! when you drive along say 1200 - 1500 rpm it feels like the car is misfiring then clears when you hard acelerate and the idle is completely all over the place - could i nick me idle speed control valve off the 16v engine?

The above problems happen spuradically and not all the time!

any help would be greatly appreciated as im gutted!!

does it do it more when cold? mine was doin similar thing and i replaced the lambda sensor and it hardly ever does it now...

Quote: Originally posted by RATTY16V on 21 November 2003

Really doin me head in now!! when you drive along say 1200 - 1500 rpm it feels like the car is misfiring then clears when you hard acelerate and the idle is completely all over the place - could i nick me idle speed control valve off the 16v engine?

The above problems happen spuradically and not all the time!

any help would be greatly appreciated as im gutted!!
Had me car back from the garage again today me cars running a willy ecu aswell as they have changed the injection system over and all the inlet today so we knew they were good from my 16v and still its playing up so thinking of sending it to Hillpower for a chip and tune if it keeps playing up does anyone know if they rolling road them?

How much is a stage one chip roughly for the willy?

I have more or less cured the gearbox problem just seems a little rougher and longer throw than the 16v box it was just the linkage problem thanks

To be completely fair tho to anyone who is thinkin of the conversion third an fourth gears are tremendous!!! not that impressed with first and second though as the willy only revs to about 6500 then limits but me 16v revd loads more.The willy does feel like its coming alive then limits but i guess a chip should sort that out!!

The ratio difference between second and third between the willy and 16v box is amazing the willy feels a really long third and is a little weird to get used to at the moment.

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Just check that the censors from the wiring loom are firmly attached to the injectors.

When I bought my valver it was running slower and sometimes lumpy, then once that plugged back in it was fine.

The previous owner had a gearbox and clutch fitted, they must have damaged the metal clip that holds it in place in the process.

Same could have happened when you had your engine swap?