ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

:( problems :(

Honda Civic 2.0 TypeR
I dont know why iam writin this on thie forum just been a part of it for so long and find you guys helpful...

anyways i got a bmw 318ci 51 plate (early 2002) i took the oil cap of and noticed some creamy stuff around the seal of the cap i though S**T my head gaskett on its way out . (from what i know when oil and water mix it makes the cream)

However the water leval has never gone down and the car doesnt over heat :S, i then pulled the dipstick out to see if there was any on that cream on it there was a tiny dot, a glitter size spec of the creamy stuff on the bottom of it and the oil leval was fine.

i then rang up a garage and asked them they said it was commen for cars this time of year. However i could get a block test done ?? :S

iam just wondering any of you guys have this problem on your cars?

and what do they do in a block test?

and does anyone know how much it will cost to replace a gaskett?

cheers!:eek:

LY 182
it is common on those at this time of year. it could have blocked breathers aswell which wont be helping matters.
but the bottom line is, if its not loosing coolant, its not the head gasket.

www.renparts.co.uk
my mums got a 318ci. m43 i think, might be a diff engine i can't remember, and hers got the same mayo on the dipstick. If you do a lot of start/stop journeys and havent changed oil recently it is pretty common.

LY 182
do you think i should do a block test just to be on the safe side ?
can do its a quick enough test - little tip for you though,, just so you dont let the garage pull your pants down and try to sell you the headgasket job.
if the combustion test fluid comes in to contact with even a drop of antifreeze it will turn it yellow, so make sure they dont try to get you with that one.

Do you do a lot of stop/start driving cos this would cause moisture to build up my old clio did this but was advised to give it some beef down the dually and get it really hot, checked oil later and was absoloutely fine :D

Honda Civic 2.0 TypeR
Do you do a lot of stop/start driving cos this would cause moisture to build up my old clio did this but was advised to give it some beef down the dually and get it really hot, checked oil later and was absoloutely fine :D

yeh i do i drive to work which is not far from my house at all 5mins drive if that everyday .... but i should warm the car up before i go i just start and drive because iam usally running late :( which i know is not good

53 Clio's & counting

yeh i do i drive to work which is not far from my house at all 5mins drive if that everyday .... but i should warm the car up before i go i just start and drive because iam usally running late :( which i know is not good

thats your problem i think. short trips can cause moisture build up giving you head gasket symptoms,my gf's corsa does this,its been oing it for 2 years,never used a drop of oil,i just change the oil more regularly and clean out the breathers