ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Professional opinions on this inlet setup?

Evo
I know the general rule of thumb is open air filters will suffer heat soak and thus lose power. And i'm also aware that the 197s inlet is difficult to improve on as standard and should be left alone for best performance.

However i've been speaking to Madeno Racing of Holland and their new induction setup looks very smart.

Their power gains however, are a little debatable:

Power increase + 11 HP @ 5800 RPM
Power increase + 7 HP @ 7200 RPM
Torque increase + 12 Nm @ 4800 RPM

Heres a few pics of the setup, any professional insight into whether this kit looks like it would make the claimed gains or not etc etc would be appreciated.

madeno1.jpg

madeno4.jpg

madeno3.jpg

madeno2.jpg

madeno5.jpg

Evo
Well they say it took months of development on the dyno with adjusting of the inlet pipes length and shape, and specific type of filters and sizes etc.

Plus the genuine carbon inlet pipe that takes '7 hours of build time in itself'.

Evo
Lol, apparently ( so my JDM mates tell me ) £700 for an induction kit in their 'scene' is low budget as Civic and Scooby induction kits can cost upto £1400!

Anyway price aside people, what are your thoughts on the setup and its claimed gains?

£700 for 11bhp is actually very good value for money considering as cams cost me nearly 2k and got me 20bhp.

Evo
Get a K&N it says you get 15bhp for £50!

Exactly the reason I asked for professional opinions only...

Please read the title before spamming my thread again with your useless 'i think I'm funny' unwanted inputs.

Typical...

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
i honestly think you'd be better off with the standard air box and a panel filter. On my first 172 i had it rolling roaded before and after with a £300+ ITG Maxogen fitted and it lose 2 bhp and gained 4lb ft. i really would not expect those gains, especially when you look at the cost mate.

£700 is frankly ridiculous

BG 182
Too expensive.. and i would have thought that fully enclosing the filter would have been a more sensible idea?

It will, at best, not lose power. How they can claim its had lots of development into inlet length when it uses a carbon copy of the original air feed and then connects to the original post airbox pipe is beyond me!

I can think of much better ways to spend £700.

SG9 Forester STi
I thought it seemed dubious, too good to be true ay?

It'll be the ktr big brake setup instead then please sir :p

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Basically £700 for a fancy caf and a cheap filter. You could do a DIY version on a laughably lower budget.

Well they say it took months of development on the dyno with adjusting of the inlet pipes length and shape, and specific type of filters and sizes etc.

Plus the genuine carbon inlet pipe that takes '7 hours of build time in itself'.

That is puuuure marketing talk right there trust me. For them to have spent months developing it they would of needed to design and manufacture different prototypes which is a stupid excercise in itself because with today's cfd programs, you could calculate the optimum flow rate for the dimensions of inlet that they design, and by making changes to the design on their cad program they could see what affects this would have on the flow in the cfd program. If they did that it wouldn't cost as much to develop, unless their trying to charge for the engineer's time. They say it's a "specific type" of filter but doesn't look like anything new or space age to me, just looks like any other cone filter, in fact it looks like a very cheap one. Making that inlet out of carbon fibre is just unnecessary, they've done that just to make it look expensive and it will increase their manufacturing costs hence the ridiculous price. Seriously for £700 im sure you could get some other bits for your car that would give you something close to 11bhp, perhaps more.

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
700 notes for an induction noise cool, that's about all you will get from that I'm afraid, thats almost a Garrett gt28 turbo!

Yozz'd up 182
That wasnt even a double post above? they're 5 minutes apart?

Say to them if you get it dyno'd and it doenst make it, will they refund your money?

GTD, Lupo
Exactly the reason I asked for professional opinions only...

Please read the title before spamming my thread again with your useless 'i think I'm funny' unwanted inputs.

Typical...

My comment did have professional input. Maybe you didn't get what i was trying to say. Its rediculous!!! :dead:

As for the professional side of things i could make the input pipe in maybe around 7 hours but most of that would be waiting for the matrix to cook. Biggest waste of money ever as it just looks like random bits a bobs stuck together. Back to my original point get a K&N as it says you will get 15bhp on the box. :clown: