ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Progress- Pics

Been through agen to pick up old seats, interior totally ripped out, all body work seems done, he wa starting on taking the paint off when i left and hes even started the dash build, maybe next friday could be a realistic target!!!

Pretty much any car paint shop i think, Try searching spindrift on the web thats the tub of flakes i bought. There very cheap aswell between £18-25

A well built VW

All i get are red X for the pictures so i havent seen the car yet but i do think some of the comments have been a bit OTT

CDMullins if thats what you want go for it , guys on here dont care much for max power cars as a general rule but at the end of the day its your car and youll be driving it so just enjoy the ride

Plenty of time for a fast car later in life (says me thats gone backwards - Mortgage , Wife and Child didnt help)

Black clio you got your interior done yet?

172 M69 eater

photobucket is down for maintenace at the mo thats why the pics arent showing, they should b up in an hour or two!

Been thru agen today!!! not a chance it will be ready for friday!!! Getting very frustrated, took the camera but no point taking ne pics, gutted!

I know how you feel mate. Its so frustrating and people always ask when your cars going to be ready, and when you say this weekend and then its not you look like a right knob. But as somebody said earlier you cant rush them or theyll do a sh*te job.

Hope your not waiting too long.

It just doesnt look as tho any things happening, everytime i go hes sanding the left side arches, some times my front and back bumpers are on, some times there not. I was told when i took my car in on february 1st it would be 3-4 weeks! I was then promised it for 28th march (when my 2 month insurance on my mams car ran out,) i then sruggled to find transport to get to work and back(too early for buses and trains), promised it for Donny Show (10th April) and ive spoke to him and told him i need the car to get to Centre Parcs this friday, and theres no way is gunna be done!!!!!

Ive had to pay to be insure on my mums insurance for 2 month, at £60 a month and its costing me £33 to be insured on my girlfriends mums car just for this weekend to get to centre parcs.

Losing interest fast.

Guess what.... it wasnt ready for fri, nor tue! Its not even in primer.

This bloke rekons its the only car he has in, if its tru ys it taking so long!!!

The exteriors not finished and he hasnt started the interior yet!!!

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90

If you havent paid i full yet, agree a date of completion with them then say you will take off £50 a day if its not done. But then again, if you do piss them off who knows if they will do a shoddy job.

Says he cant give a date of completion. He beleives there is a funny atmosphere about the time its taken and how the price as gone up!!!

Scooby STi, FiestaST

is it done...is it done...is it done....

If not whats the story Mullins ???????

Update at least.... photos of murdered bodyshop workers... anything....:eek:

2004 Clio 1.2 16v

sounds familliar exactly the same as what happened to me was told it would take 2 month 10 months later i get the car back!!!! only dif is when i went in everytime he was working on a diff car! not mine and cars that came in months after mine too....

interior is done now trying to update pics on the site

hope u get the weapon back soon CD

haha murdered body shop workers

Guys had to take some extra work on, as he was out of pocket just working (work yet to be seen) on mine.

Story at this min its, cars in primer flatted out ready for paint. Should b painted by friday and have interior sorted by fri after, i really am dreaming!

Decied to go with nuvola blue, with purple metal flakes,

Check it out ere http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/tipo16v/coupe/coupe.htmlhttp://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/tipo16v/coupe/coupe.html scroll to bottom and press more pics for different angles.

Ive paid him half! Mite nip fru befores its painted and get few more pics!!

Would like some feedback on paint plz!!!!

2004 Clio 1.2 16v

car doesnt look like a clio n e more thats amazing!!! lol ;)

seriously though like the paint will look ace...any more pics of the car i want to see this bad boy!!!

haha, ill get through a sort some pics out!!! I love the colur, i was guna have that originally the guy at venom customs foned a kid 2 bring is saxo that had same paint on, but it looked really dull and bland. he only told me last week that he put the nuvola ble over his original paint. if he uses a white base coat i will get the finish u see on the alpha

lol cant believe how long its been in! my mates prelude with the 5k kit has ust been sprayed and its gettin a coat of laquer tonite, that however is no where near ready, still got carbon roof and carbon boot done and a fair few coats of laquer n dry pearl. his went in in feb aswell but didnt get started til week after donny. hes had almost everything you can imagin done to the outside tho.

Hope all goes well for you mate id slip in a comment of going to trading standards or something, if they told you 4weeks and its bin 4months, surely you can get sumet outa em. complain do something dont let em get away wi takin u for a ride. should look alright when its done. im potentially buying a mk1 valver wi a kit on n thtl be goin in the body shop soon after purchase :D

good luck wi it matey

Craig

What can i do really, hes got my car keys and hald money. Pissing him off will surly make him take longer. it cant even go in and drive it out as it is totally stripped and is on jacks!!!

Cum on pepps wot u think of colour???

Volvo S60 T5

Im shocked, how ever long are they taking, colour looks good and I wana see the finished item.

Had a look at Blackclio at FCS and I must say I liked that, the work gone it, the bodywork , ace.

Lets hope yours comes back as well done as that.

if they had loads of work on though it would be understandable but like you say that yours is the only one there? what has he been doin hes gota av bin tossin it off surely. in all fairness though it doesnt take this long to do what your havin done unless its a proper flat out place like avon customs where they take attention to detail on every panel but to me he sounds like a r8 cowboy and an ignorant t*at. cant u beat him up lol

Id love to beat him up mate, but i join Police on 25th July and with 3 points for speeding last week and a common assault to my name i dunt think that would go down too well!!!!

I really dont know what to do, i got use to not having it and almost lost interest, but know ive just been looking thro some old mags and i want it bk!!!!!

Scooby STi, FiestaST

kill him on the 24th July, and then ask to take the case on on the 25th..... open and shut then....... sorted.

Plus you can taek your original 1/2 of the money "for evidence"

then take the car to another shop..

nice one job done

that guy would not be getting anymore money out of me if i was you, the bodyshop i go to had my wheels for 5 days after being told he would have them done in 2 and that pissed me off enough, 12 weeks overdue? your be a mug if you let him get away with it.

I goota do something eventually but i gotta make sure i get car back first, its nerly 15 weeks overdue, i admit with have gone further than what we had originally set out to do, but its frustrating going to see ur car every fortnight and there be no change!

i cant see killing him being a good idea,, but if u were a police officer ud prob get away with it. next time you go down jus go and have a private chat with him but be polite dont start shuoting just say "im going to kill you" lol jus kidding, ask him what is happening with it now because he has had it a while and no progress has been made and ur gettin impatient and ask him what he will do. if he gets funny with you just pay him for what hes done, take the car even if it means putting it back together yourself and go elsewhere, perhaps dropping the hint of u being a police officer might get the ball rolling ;)

172 M69 eater

i have suggested this on many other threads but

POO ON HIS BONNET

why dont you ppl see its the most sensible solution???

lol why stop at his bonnet? go out and have a good night out and have loadsa curry, then take a trip down and just......well do what patty says but itl be more messy lol.

Fred the cars still in the bodyshop and aparently looks no different than it did weeks ago.

172 M69 eater

why not^^ may i suggest jalfrazi if its a dark coloured car and a tikka masala for a light coloured car