ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Progress- Pics

Naples 16v

Quote: Originally posted by Dan_mk1 on 07 April 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Lunner on 06 April 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Final_Maxim on 05 April 2005
Quote: Originally posted by CDMullins on 05 April 2005
I expected some negative feedback, but Lunner just took the piss that was so OTT!

ah lunners just a fairy keyboard warrior who wants his rsi to be a valver so badly ;)

LOL

My car will soon be faster than a valver...wihtout the insurance price tag :p

Lol, theyre the same IG?
Wont look or feel like one tho you fool!! sh*te handling, narrower track, no 16v growl, no 16v interior or extras. Why waste money trying to emulate a great car with a lesser vehicle?

[Edited by domn8 on 09 April 2005 at 7:06pm]

Scooby STi, FiestaST

go on spend loads.....

change the lights and go chrome and black.....:devilish:

not black body / chrome accessories...... Chrome paint and black accessories and black grills.....

Nice Black and hypersilver wheels and drop the car on its ass...

Wolfrace Street octane Black and hypersilver..... not my choice but itd suit that when done.

1 question..... you arent going to shove the Carzone spoiler on it r u ????

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v

holy sh*t... sorry, but just noticed the filler on the grille.... that CANT be good, and surely it wont last over a few bumps?

and filler on the plastic arches? surely not a good idea either?

id be scared to drive that properly to be honest

and it could be nice (imo) if it wasnt for the bumpers

and im sorry to criticise, but it really isnt my thing

Cheers Patty!!

Already got front and back lights sorted, waiting for Angel Eyes from Carisma and i have a set of the K-Tec Colour coded for rear!, As for rims ive got the 17 "Wolfrace Mantis! and its lowered 40mm.

I dont understand whats wrong with filler, why could it crack? Ive no idea! THe guys whos clio is on venomcustoms.co.uk never had any problems with his.

Yeh the Carzone spoilers going on!

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v

filler goes rigid, plastic is flexible. Combine the two, and (over time atleast) theyll eventually seperate...

nothing wrong with filler as such, i just think its wrong to use it on plastics (i mean have you ever leaned against your wing, those arches should easily crack...), but thats just my opinion. Fiberglass is stronger, and probably a better alternative (although harder to work with), but I still doubt id be using it on plastic.

Hes used quite alot of fibre glass! i thinks he built the arches and grille up with fibre glass and coated them with filler, could this be right?

Or have i got it wrong!

Punto/Clio GTT

filler onto fibreglass is right yea. do be careful though when driving. personally ide be sticking to speed limits with all that work done or one sunday mornin when your washin it your gonna find a crack straight along the edge of your arches. so dont rag it!

i was just curious as he said you shouldnt use filler on plastics but then said fibreglass is a better alternative. not true at all. imagine tryin to take down some fibreglass on a plastic surface, youd take away the plastic before you shift the fibreglass.

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v

surely fibreglass is a better alternative in terms of strength? thats all i was suggesting, less chance of it cracking.

Fair enough if its filler on top of fiberglass

agreed though, id be driving sloooow everywhere i went in a car with that much filler, but then the car would just become boring... imo

Dont really understand all the fibre glassy- fillers stuff!!!!

I wont be raggin it ne ways, aint my style.

Wot you guys think of the grille?

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v

the grilles cool imo, id say it was more a euro style thing though

someone like fk should start making them...

Punto/Clio GTT

sure fibreglass is stronger, wouldnt use it on plastics though unless your bridgin holes or blending stuff in or filling big gaps.

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v

maxim, i wouldnt use it either, id be inclined not to use fibreglass or filler on plastic. With that said, life becomes more difficult, trying to get the arches either plastic welded, or new wings moulded.

I just have issues with using anything on the plastic wings, theyre not rigid at all, infact i doubt youd find anything more flexible on the mk2

Punto/Clio GTT

rarely you have to repair them wings anyway, they either crack and split in half or just flex back out to shape.

you can get bumper filler which is a rubber compound, very durable, ideal if you gotta smooth bumpers or anythin like that.

as for the arches on those plastic wings, looks like theyve probably sikaflexed em on then just fillered over em then smoothed in. wouldnt like to do it myself would be a right b**ch of a job, throw me 6k n ill give it a go tho ;)

Quote: Originally posted by CDMullins on 04 April 2005

£2500 for him to do fitting and respray! £6000 in total on kit, seats, rims, ice.

Its alot of money but ill oni do it once while im young!!!!
Some people seem to be forgetting this^^^The money spent is not just on a bodykit!

A good set of wheels costs around £1000. A Full respray costs around £2000-£2500.

What colour is the end product going to be?

Light blue, with purple SFX (Metal flake) and holograpgic lacquer!!!

Looks really nice! Dash board will be same colour.

The bloke as used some chemical compound to keep the arches of he says its really strong but not too ridgid, he booted the skirts a few times to prove it!

Scooby STi, FiestaST

"... The bloke as used some chemical compound to keep the arches of he says its really strong but not too ridgid, he booted the skirts a few times to prove it!....."

:)

the colour sounds nice mate... you got any pics or examples of that ??

the carzone spoiler is huge, its gonna be one individual car thats for sure...

good for you CD.

Yeah ive got a spray out card of it but it doesnt really pick up very well on camera, it was origianlly gunna me Alfa Roms Navarlla Blue, with the same Purpl SFX but it looked a little bland! We were gunna play around with the base coat but i went 4 this other stuff, its A old mustang colur if i rember rightly!

Punto/Clio GTT

Quote: Originally posted by the_ferret on 10 April 2005

"... The bloke as used some chemical compound to keep the arches of he says its really strong but not too ridgid, he booted the skirts a few times to prove it!....."

yea that will be sikaflex, before hes fillered. he wouldnt go bootin a skirt hes just spent 4 hours blending in lol

Scooby STi, FiestaST

i remember the mustang.. looks mint if its the one im thinking of... maybe try to find a pic of that to show the colours.

2004 Clio 1.2 16v

good on ya pal i get sl*gged off all the time for havin my car the way it is with only a 1.2 in it...point is your making a show car and when a show car is on a stand it doesnt matter how fast it goes.....put your car when its finished next too a scooby or an evo at a show and i know who will get more pics taken.....

ive spent about 10k on my 1.2 but its my hobby and i enjoy creating a completely custom car that no one else has..yep i could have went and bought a fast car but there is prob another million other people with the same car....

cant wait to see it finished what sort of paint u getting ??

Scooby STi, FiestaST

Blackclio - wheres the pics of your ride then ????

My new car will arrive this week and im buggered if its going to stay standard, probably a little bit more subtle (i am 29 with a family :D ) but i agree modding is a hobby that some do not understand, its not about the car its about U.... it just happens that clios are nice if you want to leave em alone.

Really really nice that blackclio, like the bonnet and them back arches are gorgous!!!, mines guna be light blue wi Pruple SFX (metal flakes)

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90

The quality of work on that Blackclio is amazing. From the front you wouldnt know its a clio.

CDmullins - Blue with purple flakes sounds great, havent seen too many cars with that colour. How much is it for the complete spray, considering its probably v expensive paint? And just wondering how many layers of clear coat you put on.

2004 Clio 1.2 16v

cheers are u going to FCS if so we could park the two metal flake bad boys together??? the paint sounds quality like....good job!

IS that on 29th may, im hoping so! it was suppose to be ready for Donny!

What kit have you got on? How long did it take to have all work done? Have you got a ice install? Have you been to many show with it?

I really do like it!

2004 Clio 1.2 16v

its a custom kit made from punto bumpers saxo arches and bits n bobs from the original car took almost a year to complete cos the bodyshop doin it were a bunch of tw*ts!! in progress of creating an install will be in for the FCS it goes away for a leather retrim tomorrow and just got a new set of wheels then it just needs some bits tidied up for the show season...

been to a good few shows it was in the top 100 at max power live last year and had a mag feature with Fast & Modified <-scottish mag and Fast Car are hopefully going to do one this year theyve been in touch askin about the car

The blue paints really cheap to be honest, the sfx is £90 a litre, blokes rekons he will only need 1. And he hasnt used the holgrapgic laquer before so hes doing that for nowt! quite cheap really, yeh Blackclio looks note like a clio, top worK!

Whats going in your install? Mines going staright for the install sortin week after i get it back, ive got 2 Audiobahn subs and a voodoo amp to go in, plus a hidden amp and a set of 6x9s that im after installing between back buckets. Ive trimmed my front and back door cards + parcel shelf in a cream material, looks mint! N im guna have the insatll in cream too!

Also when it comes back from body shop it will have custom dash with 7" screen in. n dash will be sprayed same colour as car!

Ive had a bit of interest from revs, but i really want it to make Max Power, defo the Max Power top 100, howd you go about getting into that?