ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project: 172 Cup

172 Cup
While your amending things Ive noticed your seats and door cards are 182 items. Will you be looking to change for cup items ?

So this weekend myself and Chris spent all day Saturday detailing the Cup and his 200.

No in progress shots, as I'm far too lazy, but I took it for a drive this evening and grabbed some shots.

32853072343_ba8878b448_c.jpg

33666536625_1c53d470cf_c.jpg

33666538635_76228ae4f4_c.jpg

33509707492_ee989932a1_c.jpg

It's been ages since I've posted anything in here, largely due to not too much happening.

However, I've ascertained the source of the leak, seems to be the passenger door window, water is making it down the seal and into the door, then running down the back of the door card, and into the cabin. I've tried a replacement seal, to no avail, so I'm just going to swap the door, as I'm thinking the door might be out of shape slightly?

Equally, the drivers door will be replaced soon, as it's quite tatty.

I've retrimmed my headliner, and refitted it, with all roof trim repainted a dark grey, looks fantastic but need to get a few last bits done and I'll get some photos sorted.

Brake bias valve due to be replaced at the end of the week, hopefully fixing my binding NSR caliper.

I have a full Cup interior ready to go too, so the 182 half leather will be going on eBay or whatever, once that's done.

The very talented @Niall got some photos of the Cup with @Christopher a few weeks back, was a good laugh as well as nice to have some photos done.

They're all fantastic as always, but here's a favorite of mine:

35387666082_4b17d58a50_c.jpg

Hopefully a full wheel refurb will be on the cards soon, I'll be going back to silver, with an OEM Cup very much in my mind.

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
It's been ages since I've posted anything in here, largely due to not too much happening.

However, I've ascertained the source of the leak, seems to be the passenger door window, water is making it down the seal and into the door, then running down the back of the door card, and into the cabin. I've tried a replacement seal, to no avail, so I'm just going to swap the door, as I'm thinking the door might be out of shape slightly?

Equally, the drivers door will be replaced soon, as it's quite tatty.

I've retrimmed my headliner, and refitted it, with all roof trim repainted a dark grey, looks fantastic but need to get a few last bits done and I'll get some photos sorted.

Brake bias valve due to be replaced at the end of the week, hopefully fixing my binding NSR caliper.

I have a full Cup interior ready to go too, so the 182 half leather will be going on eBay or whatever, once that's done.

The very talented @Niall got some photos of the Cup with @Christopher a few weeks back, was a good laugh as well as nice to have some photos done.

They're all fantastic as always, but here's a favorite of mine:

35387666082_4b17d58a50_c.jpg

Hopefully a full wheel refurb will be on the cards soon, I'll be going back to silver, with an OEM Cup very much in my mind.

What did you retrim the headliner with? Trying to decide whether to find another one for mine or retrim it, look forward to seeing pics

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Door cards, front and rear seats, rear cards if I can source some Cup ones.

I was going to sell it as a whole, but I could probably split it up if need be.
Could be interested in those door cards condition dependant, and maybe the driver's seat too. If you grab any pics at some point feel free to shoot them over on Facebook with a price, no rush anyway.

Some decent progress, I've sorted the leak. Seemingly the doors are supposed to allow a certain amount of water through them (more than I expected though) based on the fact that 3 different doors have now done exactly the same thing. The door card has a seal on it, like a sticky substance (lol) that doesn't dry hard or anything and prevents any splashed water from making its way into the car.

So, replacement door cards are now on the car, with a ludicrous amount of sealant, which appears to have sorted the water getting into the cabin issue.

35003525094_60189dbfae_c.jpg

Gary at GB Autos in Warrington fitted my replacement OEM brake bias valve, worked a treat, no dragging caliper any more, so that's a result. Gary is a really awesome chap, and I'll be using him again in the future. I'd recommend him thoroughly.

Also gave the headlights a polish, not perfect but they're much better.

35843686135_e71476ddc9_c.jpg

35803147456_8a040e1857_c.jpg

35711815471_8b87a16b47_c.jpg

Needs a DA to finish it I think, but the 3M kit is good still.

Few things to get done in August, away for a couple of weeks in July so nothing through then.

Shameless King of Gloss/Fusso shot:

35033990513_8067c28acf_c.jpg

Really enjoying Cup ownership though.

Ages since I've been in here. Plenty to update though.

Most notably I had the wheels refurbished in the end, look so so much better in silver. Coated in Gyeon Rim, they should stay looking fresh for winter, they'll get some love again in the summer.

Serviced the car, nothing of any interest there, the sparks looked fine and the oil was nothing out of the ordinary, so that's all good. I've got some refurbed injectors on the way, so I'll get those fitted next week. OEM engine mount is so much nicer than the Powerflex one, each to their own and all that but I don't know why anyone fits them to their car.

Grabbed some photos of it this afternoon, still liking the black door strips, but might go back to blue in the summer, once I've had my original ones resprayed.

23948610767_375b36e238_c.jpg

27037437009_31df705630_c.jpg

27037435589_7149552823_c.jpg