ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project: BMW E21.

Ph1 ITB'd 172
That looks great, is the front bumper going back on? (IMO they look better with the bumpers, don't know why so many leave them off)

Very few people, if any leave the bumpers off on E21's, I assume you're talking in general? You're wrong though, it looks much better without a bumper.

Cheers for all the kind comments :)

That looks great, is the front bumper going back on? (IMO they look better with the bumpers, don't know why so many leave them off)

As Pete says, leaving them with the bumper off is very rare, rarer still on a Series 1.

Anyway, I personally think it looks a lot better without, single headlights and the sharknose gives a real nod to the 2002.

Fappping awesome.

Great work, have you done any work on the engine, running gear etc?

Nothing as yet, I'm undecided on the engine and if I should keep it or swap it for something bigger. That's a long way off yet though.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Duuuuuuude. Mother flipping Jesus Christ'ing awesome!

I can't believe how good it looks. Where exactly was the rust/leak dude?

You want to seal that up from outside, treat, and sort out properly so it doesn't get any worse!!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
FLOL!!! That looks stupidly good.

​Well done mate. Bet you're chuffed to bits with it!

Yes, it is now fully "finished" (I'll use the term finished loosely, it's actually a rolling project more than anything else) as some of you will know.

I took some photos tonight, but they're on my camera and I'm not at home until tomorrow. It goes for it's MOT tomorrow, so I'll be out and about in it all day. Hopefully get some shots of it somewhere other than my driveway!

​So very excited to be able to use it!

Absolutely stunning mate, cannot fault a single thing you have done. Also I found a new desktop background.
9624127428_bc0833b256_c.jpg

So yeah, as some of you know, the E21 unfortunately failed it's MOT on the Saturday just passed.

Happily the issues it had appear to be sorted, and it'll be getting retested in time for Trax.

For now, a couple of photos from the other day, where the car received a nice in depth detail, finishing with a coat of Zaino Z2.

9665133763_1d38f48ac8_c.jpg

9668360986_9fac836a16_c.jpg

9665124183_6a80672376_c.jpg

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Wow, looks bloody lovely mate.

Did the paint get sorted or have you left it for now?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Oh my mother flipping word. Dude, it looks awesome. What was the fail list?

I'd be so chuffed if I were you, could I be cheeky and ask for an approximate cost to get to where you are so far?

Also, I know it's a bit like fight club, but any news on the paint?

Paint: I'll be taking it down when the car has an MOT (basically when it's road legal)

Cost: Ask Barclaycard! LOL... it's decent E46 M3 money.

Fail list: electrical issues (fuses blowing due to a short circuit) Springs (coilovers wound too far down) and the headlights need aligning.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
f**k me that's a tiny failure list, well played! What was the short circuit?

A decent e46 M3 is peanuts now anyway so it can't be too bad! ;)

Oh and you basically failed for being too low?

The headlight failed because it was basically pointing up and into the middle of the road!

Short circuit was on the ciggy lighter.

Yeah cost wise, I've kept it reasonably well controlled. Plenty of bargains have been had.