ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project Cars 2 Time Trial Challenge December 17

Guidelines:
1. At the start of each month a track and car are chosen by the driver with the fastest time from the previous month. If the same driver is fastest two months in a row then the track/car choice falls to the next fastest driver. The car & track should be chosen within a few days of the start of the month.
2. Keep to short tracks (<3 miles) so that it doesn't take too long to try and set a good time.
3. DLC cars not allowed.
4. Times must be set in time trial mode, not free practice or any other mode.
5. Entries should include what platform, controller (wheel or pad) and options were used - i.e. ABS, traction control and stability control.
6. Entries to be backed up by leaderboard link, screenshot or video.

As there's no previous winner i'll pick the car and track...Ferrari 488 GT3 & Redbull ring (full)

Good luck

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
IIRC you were the fastest with a pad? Not sure I'll even bother now you've got a wheel lol! I have had lots of practise at the redbull ring though so might stand a chance this time!

Nah mate I wasn't the quickest, and I'm not that much quicker with a wheel. The record for GT3's at the Redbull is 1:28.6 so I'm miles out so far.

Getting to grips with it now mate yeah, using the flappy paddles for gear shifting as I didn't go with the gear shifter add-on. Wheel stand pro is a real decent bit of kit as well. Its just finding the time to play it now, lol.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Getting to grips with it now mate yeah, using the flappy paddles for gear shifting as I didn't go with the gear shifter add-on. Wheel stand pro is a real decent bit of kit as well. Its just finding the time to play it now, lol.
Tbh - the stick shift (to use the Americanism) was wasted on me with the G25. It just felt a bit gimmicky and a hindrance to use, more than anything. That said, it can be switched to sequential mode with simple up and down notches. That might be a little better, I guess?

Definitely want to get PC2 at some point in the near future....

Tomotek

ClioSport Club Member
@imprezaworks

Haha, I wish I had that sort of setup!, maybe I’ll make my own for my next project [emoji6] ..
I’ve got a playseat (the project cars fold in half one, keeps it out of sight and the missus happy) Also bought the Thrustmaster TX leather wheel and T3PA pedals with the rubber brake mod. Force feedback is quality [emoji1362]

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Hit a 1.32.08 earlier... Recently got a G920 but still faster by a second with a pad at the moment lol
Lol - surely that should be the other way around? :smile:

That said - I swear I'm quicker on DiRT Rally with a pad than with the wheel. I think it's down to the necessary quick change in direction where the pad comes out on top.

I'm quicker on the pad with no TC and SC but with them set low on the wheel I smash the pad times, with TC and SC off on the wheel I'm useless, god knows who the guys with top times pedal them around with zero aids, its got to be in the set-ups.