ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project cars

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I like how they are addressing issues with the existing game, rather than ignoring them and simply churning out additional DLC car packs. Good stuff.

Kicked off the patch last night (PC) but not had chance to try it yet.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I like how they are addressing issues with the existing game, rather than ignoring them and simply churning out additional DLC car packs. Good stuff.

Kicked off the patch last night (PC) but not had chance to try it yet.
There are still issues? Christ. Glad I binned it off when I did. Might give it a bash in a year or so when it's 90% finished.

Impreza RB5 #054
The recent patch has now been rolled out on Xbox, which seems to have really sorted out the multiplayer side to the game, you can actually browse active lobbies now.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah online is much better now. They are slowly getting there and the game will soon be how it should have been from day 1.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Arizer/video/8780142

How do we upload video from xbox dvr? Says you can when you click the embed video icon.

Screenshot-Original.png

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
Picked this up for a tenner on Monday. Really wanted to like this but just cannot get on with the handling on a controller. Looks like it's back to Forza 6.

Any tips before I trade it in on Saturday?

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Hoping to get an xbox one soon, what's the verdict? Worth getting Project Cars or not? .. Need for Speed is out in November.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Picked this up for a tenner on Monday. Really wanted to like this but just cannot get on with the handling on a controller. Looks like it's back to Forza 6.

Any tips before I trade it in on Saturday?

It really needs a wheel m8. I've tried it on the PC with both keyboard (utter lol) and a 360 controller. While not as bad, the 360 pad was still miles off the subtlety needed in this game, from a wheel imo.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
If your using a controller practice is what you need. Spend some time doing the configuration and you should be fine. Wheel is much better but controller times are still high up on leaderboards. Just takes some getting used to.

2003 Clio 172
This game is now on sale on Playstation Network!
~£25 but could also be Sweden only or whatever but thought I should mention it.

Downloading it at the moment, just hope I won't be disappointed.

RS Clio 182
Patch 5.0 has just been released - havnt tested it yet though. Great to see they are continually trying to iron out all the minor things now.

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
I haven't played this much since release, hopefully put some proper time into it over winter.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I've not long got this and doing the first races. I've now come to a Le Mans race. How long does this go on for?? I've got to lap 5 and got bored already and there seems no way past it?

2003 Clio 172
Been playing this for a couple of days and now I really regret not getting this sooner.
I play with the DS4 and it's actually far more playable than I first thought. Although reading comments on here and other forums, I'm sure it was way, way worse back when the game was first released.

Anyway, no one's playing this anymore? I'd love to do some online racing other than with complete randoms who race dirty..
Aco91 is my name on PSN, feel free to add!

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
I've been reading things about someone actually getting a G27 working by tricking the PS4 into thinking its a G29. Think it's early stages but if it turns out to be good then I'll be all over project cars again.

Didn't do it justice whilst playing with the pad.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
What better way to test out the new graphics card then to crank up the graphics settings to max and then entering a 36 car race at Spa Francorchamps in a thunderstorm... :tonguewink:

Goliath I
Back on this again after playing F1 2015, it was okay but couldn't bare playing such an incomplete game with its made up rules unresponsive handling any longer.

I've been playing the Willow Springs track they had on the time trials for 3 days now. It's such a fast track and just great fun to drive around!

I've not downloaded the Lotus pack, not really into the classic cars tbh. The Renault one looks cool though

RS Clio 182
Project Cars is still providing me with exhilirating racing,like this i recorded yesterday - the final few laps at Zolder in a LMP2 on 85% AI. This is what its all about,pushing every lap,and having an epic battle with the AI.

Its in these moments im wondering about purchasing Assetto Corsa in April and what extra it can bring me over Pcars...?

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Assetto Corsa is another level in terms of 'feel' in my opinion. It's not as pretty to look at but it feels fantastic to drive. Even on a game pad (I'm playing the PC version).

RS Clio 182
Assetto Corsa is another level in terms of 'feel' in my opinion. It's not as pretty to look at but it feels fantastic to drive. Even on a game pad (I'm playing the PC version).

Yeah i guess il have to try AC,people are saying its great as a 'hot-lapping' game but Pcars excels in the actual racing. I think the AC tracks will feel a bit 'dead' to me without the dynamic weather - thats a big draw for in Pcars - the tracks feel more alive,and the lighting is always different every race. I had one that went from a thunderstorm to sun the other day - brilliant seeing the puddles gleaming in the sun!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I tried to play this yesterday after months of not playing. Trying to drive a Lotus 98T in the rain is impossible.

RS Clio 182
I tried to play this yesterday after months of not playing. Trying to drive a Lotus 98T in the rain is impossible.
Why would you go to the hardest car to drive if you havnt played on it for ages hehe. Theres loads of 'driveable' cars in the game....yeah i cant drive the Lotus aswell,doesnt spoil the game for me.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Why would you go to the hardest car to drive if you havnt played on it for ages hehe. Theres loads of 'driveable' cars in the game....yeah i cant drive the Lotus aswell,doesnt spoil the game for me.
Because it's the next race of the season for me..

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
I caved and bought a G29 to replace my perfectly good G27 in the January's sales (can you tell it's still a sore point?)

Made such a difference to playing with a pad though. I really need to do more actual racing as I've mostly done time trials at the moment.

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
Cant put this down at the moment. Honestly one of the very best racing games iv ever played.

Just smashing lap after lap out at the ring in a Sauber C9 has got me down to 6.26. Need a wheel and pedals now !

Citroen DS3 DSport
Still enjoying this and the new fictional Scottish track is excellent. The racing on this game is the best I've experienced on a console.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
I caved and bought a G29 to replace my perfectly good G27 in the January's sales (can you tell it's still a sore point?)

Made such a difference to playing with a pad though. I really need to do more actual racing as I've mostly done time trials at the moment.
Have you sold the g27 mate?

RS Clio 182
Really enjoying driving the new Bannoch Brae track,nice and picture-esque,reminds me of the Loch track on TOCA 2. It is challenging aswell with the uneven roads,that bit where you catch some 'air' near the end is scary!

Here is a vid of me doing a hot lap in a LMP1 - the wobble in the town section probably cost me a sub-2 min time hehe. Was very close to the building on that town chicane!