ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PROJECT CLIO

1.4 clio rt
i got hold of this clio 1.4 RT about a year ago and i just been doing mods to it when ever i had time to and had money to :rasp:

my plan was to go for a kinda valver look but with my own personal twist

this is what it looked like when first got it :S

Carwen1stgotit.jpg

i then started work on the car removing the side trims because my plan was to smooth them in. at this point i also lowered the front by 40mm and rear accordingly

Lowered40mmbk.jpg

Loweredcloseup.jpg

whilst trying to work on the car during the darkness with minimal light, i got a bit stressed so i went schwazernigger on my bonnet :S

Damagefromanger2.jpg

Damagefromanger.jpg

after this moment of outrage, i decided to repair the damage that was in the doot when i bought it and also i set about replacing my lovely modified bonnet :rasp:

Damage2.jpg

Doorprep.jpg

after repairing the damage, i decided to start the smoothing of the soor trims

Primerside.jpg

i then fitted my 4" backbox

DSC00338.jpg

DSC00337.jpg

DSC00356.jpg

after this came the alloys

DSC00568.jpg

DSC00567.jpg

DSC00562.jpg

DSC00561.jpg

becuase i lowered my car based on the 13" wheels, the ride height needed to be adjusted when i put the 15" TSWs on. i heightend the ride height to allow for there to be no rubbing of the wheels on the rear inner arch

went from this:
DSC00615.jpg

to this:
DSC00617.jpg

DSC09130.jpg

DSC09131.jpg

DSC09132.jpg

DSC09133.jpg

DSC09134.jpg

DSC09135.jpg

DSC09136.jpg

DSC09145.jpg

DSC09222.jpg

i then fitted my williams bonnet along with my 16v wings:

DSC00624.jpg

DSC00623.jpg

DSC00626.jpg

once this was all done i primered up the car:

first came the masking up:

DSC09223.jpg

DSC09225.jpg

DSC09246.jpg

maskedwindowforprep.jpg

prep-sheetedboot.jpg

then parts of the primer:

DSC09028.jpg

DSC07579.jpg

i then decided to change my willy front bumper to an aftermarket custom one :

from this:
DSC09029.jpg

to this:
DSC09405.jpg

thats it so far, im just tryna find all my other pics :evil:

comments very welcome

Punto/Clio GTT
should look nice when its painted up

aint sure on the wheels yet, i think with all the smoothing, some wide ass 13" or 14 deep dish would look better

Ph1 172 + Combo van
should have kept the williams bumper looks loads better i think!
smoothing looks good will look cool with euro wheels as said! i think

E30 318iS x2
Can you please get a better camera! Hard to see what the hell is in the picture.

Best of luck with the project :)

1.4 clio rt
should look nice when its painted up

aint sure on the wheels yet, i think with all the smoothing, some wide ass 13" or 14 deep dish would look better

nah im not looking to keep them wheels, i was thinking maybe black multi spoke team dynamics or kerscher calypso wheels or something along them lines

1.4 clio rt
Can you please get a better camera! Hard to see what the hell is in the picture.

Best of luck with the project :)

yh soz for the dyer pics, due to camera phone. dont own a digi cam, cba to invest in 1 either lol

but cheers mate

RenaultSport 172.
...should of taken the diamond off the bonnet when spraying ;)

good progress thread :D

1.4 clio rt
wt do ppl think of having a black roof, with black wheels, black diamond badge and blacked out windows?

Clio 182.
I think you should get rid of that daft exhaust, keep the willy bumper and sort yourself out with some better wheels, then it should look sweet.

1.4 clio rt
I think you should get rid of that daft exhaust, keep the willy bumper and sort yourself out with some better wheels, then it should look sweet.

wheels are goin as soon as i find some that i like
but im keeping the bumper as i prefer it to the willy

wus rong wid da exhaust?

Ph1 172 + Combo van
definately get rid of that gash bumber you chaned to. get the willy one back on imo

1.4 clio rt
im looking for a rear roll/show cage for my car, but i am unable to find one that is at rerasonable price. can anyone offer/give advice to where i could get hold of one other than on the K-tec website or ebay?

mk4 golf gttdi180
im looking for a rear roll/show cage for my car, but i am unable to find one that is at rerasonable price. can anyone offer/give advice to where i could get hold of one other than on the K-tec website or ebay?
there was a second hand one on ebay 150 i think it was