ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project Clubsport Clio 200

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
You're not joking, My brakes were smoking on the VXR!

Next up Chris get a diff, after driving James's I'm locking differential mad now.

LOL. Probably.
I think it'll be a Safety Devices rear next, but that'll be after Gary's worked his magic on the belts.

I'm pretty sure that it needs outer steering links as there's a tiny bit of play in the N/S one, so I'll get those ordered today.
Does anyone have experience with uprated engine mount kits? My manifold hasn't cracked yet and I'd like to keep it that way, but not at the expense of horrific NVH. Any recommendations?

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Don't. Lol.
I already "need" the SD cage, a 330mm Compbrake upgrade and their adjustable top mounts.
I'll stop there. F*ck cars. 😢

Just get the Reyland 330mm kit, uses your calipers just with caliper spacers and longer bolts and 2 piece discs.

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
Car looks awesome mate, it's Kieran btw, don't forget to drop us a message about evo triangle run [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
All other mods are now on the back burner. I've found out that you can install a CAE shifter with only minor trimming to the plastics.
Once the service is out of the way, this'll be the next purchase. I know they're expensive and I was always put off by the fact you had to bin all the trim, but now I know that it's possible I'm up for it. They're absolute art. :hearteyes:

29990773283_a387d5798a_b.jpg
30624526715_019d9e8773_b.jpg

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Had a look before and it's actually €989, plus i'd want it anodised black which is another €159

I'd personally get a Quaife diff fitted.

So you did. :cool: Yeah, they're around a grand Sterling, taxes/exchange taken into account.
I've always wanted a CAE. There's not a lot more that the car needs for my uses, so it's all personal preference mods now I guess.

I've got a list in my head of the few bits I still want and an LSD is on there. The CAE has just jumped up a few places.
I've not plans to sell the car anytime soon so there's no rush, it'll all get sorted in the end.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
So you did. :cool: Yeah, they're around a grand Sterling, taxes/exchange taken into account.
I've always wanted a CAE. There's not a lot more that the car needs for my uses, so it's all personal preference mods now I guess.

I've got a list in my head of the few bits I still want and an LSD is on there. The CAE has just jumped up a few places.
I've not plans to sell the car anytime soon so there's no rush, it'll all get sorted in the end.

Dibs on trying it when you get it :cool:

Pure motorsport should do it!

Not half! I'm surprised no one has copied the CAE design for Renaults yet tbh.