ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project CUP revamp for 09

Astra van,Mk1 nova
Little update but no pics as yet :(

The wheels have been refurbed in white (hope ive done the rite thing). new front brakes are done, still to bleed them tho.

Once the wheels are back on i can then take it out the garage for the cage to be painted white to match the turinis.

Bullets are going mondial blue with white 2.0 16v writing.

Pics will follow once its out of the garage.

221bhp/ton Mondial Terror
Little update but no pics as yet :(

The wheels have been refurbed in white (hope ive done the rite thing). new front brakes are done, still to bleed them tho.

Once the wheels are back on i can then take it out the garage for the cage to be painted white to match the turinis.

Bullets are going mondial blue with white 2.0 16v writing.

Pics will follow once its out of the garage.

Sounds good to me!:cool:

Astra van,Mk1 nova
Took some Phone pics tonight just to add some pics to the thread tbh :(

Couldnt resist placing the wheel on just to see what i looked like. Still have to paint the inside of the wheels yet, but you get the idea:)

Photo-0090.jpg

Photo-0089.jpg

Astra van,Mk1 nova
Couldnt resist ;) The cage is going to be a nightmare becuase its so tight. Its steering wheel off, seats and harnesses out and interior plastics off just to get the thing out lol.

Looking good :)

What paint you using for the wheels ?
Just Halfrauds Spray paint ?
And remember and pile on the lacquer, as they'll be a fucker to keep clean :(

And as for the bullets, i'd have kept that one quiet, as now everyone will have white wheels and blue bullets :(

Astra van,Mk1 nova
Went out to the garage tonight to have a look of the wheels after another coat......... and the finish is poop tbvh. For the time and effort put into them its really not worth it. So i got on the phone to a friend and he is getting shot blasted then powder coated this week along with the cage :D finish will be 100x better. Pics when i get them back.

Went out to the garage tonight to have a look of the wheels after another coat......... and the finish is poop tbvh. For the time and effort put into them its really not worth it. So i got on the phone to a friend and he is getting shot blasted then powder coated this week along with the cage :D finish will be 100x better. Pics when i get them back.

Who and wheres doing them ?

I need mine done ;)

Astra van,Mk1 nova
Who and wheres doing them ?

I need mine done ;)

Mate of a mate does it at his work. Usally £55 plus vat per wheel. Way cheaper going through my friend. They get sandblasted rite back to the alloy and then get coated. Seen his work a few times now and i was very impressed.

Mate of a mate does it at his work. Usally £55 plus vat per wheel. Way cheaper going through my friend. They get sandblasted rite back to the alloy and then get coated. Seen his work a few times now and i was very impressed.

Not bad, wheres he work ?

Put a word in for mine to get done ;)

Astra van,Mk1 nova
progress is slow but its getting there.

After waiting 2 weeks for 2 of the wheels to come back i had the tyres refitted, balanced and new valves
Done the drivers side brake caliper as it was sticking, pads and disk, Finished thr caliper of in blue.

also finished one of the bullets, wasnt my original plan to leave them steel grey but i think it works well.

ECKACAMERA021.jpg

ECKACAMERA020.jpg

progress is slow but its getting there.

After waiting 2 weeks for 2 of the wheels to come back i had the tyres refitted, balanced and new valves
Done the drivers side brake caliper as it was sticking, pads and disk, Finished thr caliper of in blue.

also finished one of the bullets, wasnt my original plan to leave them steel grey but i think it works well.

ECKACAMERA021.jpg

ECKACAMERA020.jpg

Looks good bud :)

But may be an idea to get them layered up with decent car wax or poorboys wheel sealant from Polished Bliss on them.

Or they'll be a nightmare to clean and get brake dust off :(

P.s Is that white Tipp Ex on the bullets :rasp:

Astra van,Mk1 nova
Sweet as a nut mate, Nice one

cheers bud, loved yours and was sick of the grey/yellow theme - so last year ;)

Wee update. Brakes and calipers 100% done. Wheels and centre caps done with the renault centre cap diamonds finished in steel grey to match the bullets.

After hours of pissing about the cat back is on and sitting perfect, finally my decat will be heard:eek:

Next up is the interior.

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
what model are the sabelts youve got in there mate? i think theyd match my ph1 interior quite well!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Can't believe how sorted it looked before, now it's a bit meh.