ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project Ph-OneSevenTwo

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Ok, so its another silver ph1 I'm afraid... but I love it, a lot!

Picked this up from Daniel in Bristol on Saturday, only have two pictures of it atm, both taken on iPhone so excuse the quality.

2.jpg

1.jpg

Lots of plans for this car.... All suggestions of where to go with it and comments on it are welcome (but may not be listened to)

Original Spec is....

• Smoothed bonnet
  • Ph2 side strips and "custom" bullets
  • Ph2 rear lights
  • Ph2 seats, door cards and carpet
  • OMP dished steering wheel (will be for sale)
  • Carbon BMC CDA (will be for sale)
  • Refurbed black and green oz f1's
  • Brembo discs, ds2500 pads, braided lines

Things that have been so far:

• Alpine headunit with iPod connector fitted
  • Made is seriously dirty

So far plans are:

• New mats
  • New bullets (purchased)
  • Standard Steering wheel
  • Engine cover (purchased)
  • Ph2 rear bumper (purchased)
  • Cup/vee spoiler
  • Centre caps for wheels, spray these black to match (impossible?)
  • Fix passenger side exterior door handle (see thread)
  • Fix idling issue (see thread)
  • Fit foglights? (opinions please)
  • Enjoy it, a lot!
Peace out all, updates soon :)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Re: Project Ph1 OneSevenTwo

Wheels are ford gloss black, non-metallic. Just for future reference.

Ph1 172 + Combo van

What has been done to the fog lights? hard to see from the photos.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

Fogs have cold air feeds in them atm....

I intend to go for the JMS induction set up though, and aparently they are not necessary with it?

I am tempted to go all out and get the £500 JMS setup, any opinions??

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

I'm not a fan of no fogs so I'd like to see some in there - std bullets would be nice too as you say..

I know the bonnets smoothed but if it was mine I'd have a nice carbon effect renault diamond sticker there or something like that, looks nude to me!

Rest is ;)

non sport

really like the alloys, they give it something a bit different, nice find mate, plans sound awesome too

Ph1 172 + Combo van

Cold air feeds which go to the brakes? Was looking to do that with mine.

Meet sound good to me. I have the photos of my wheel dude. I'll get on the computer and pm them over to you tomorrow.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

Mike (MikeB) came over tonight like the amazing guy he is, we whipped off the hillpower bend and inside the throttle body looked as if it'd had a clean, but a s**te one....

So we gave it a good clean and took it out for a "spin" nothing to exciting as it was very wet,but the throttle didnt stick once :)

Maybe solved, maybe only temporary, will be recieving a "new" old TB soon through the post, so I'm going to dismantle that and really clean it up, get it sorted good and proper., if the problem ever returns, that'll go on.

Thanks a lot Mike, top man.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

Ok so sticky throttle is back... only when the car is hot though? Could it be something over than the TB?

Really wanted to get modding with this car but I think getting it into tip top running condition is the most pressing thing.

Hopefully the sticky TB Warren has sent me to take apart and clean will arrive soon enough....

After I've taking it right apart, cleaned it up as best as is possible, then greased up all the necessary parts, hopefully it'll run sweet....

Anything thats advisable to grease the TB with? Copper grease ok?

330i. E30 Touring.

I wouldn't grease the throttle body, too much. Maybe a touch where the spring sits and pivots..

Just clean it up properly, and make sure it's not sticking anywhere on the inside.

Mine was scuffing on the inside, and ever so slightly scored. A touch of wet and dry to flat it out sorted it..

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

Lovely, cheers mate, hopefully it'll arrive in the post tonight and I can give it a proper good clean up.

You say you wouldn't grease it too much, but what would you grease it with?

R5 GTT EFI Clio.

Any more pics yet mate?
I had a look about in the scrappy for you, there wasent any sports in there, well there was 1, but the engine had been taken!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

Ok well I'm going to buy some carb cleaner and give it a damn good going over when it arrives, I bloody hope this solves it!

No more pics as of yet, the car is an absolute state, its done circa 500miles since I bought it 6 days ago.....

Going to my dads a la weekend in luton, and his cleaning products are awful at best, so it won't be getting cleaned there either I dont think. Pics next weekend I imagin.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

Minor update.... (Big one coming this weekend)

Recieved some 2.0 bullets to replace the poorly painted "renault sport" items....

AWFUL iPhone pictures after work....they look better IMO, but I'm thinking Titanium with black lettering?
Before
IMG_0269.jpg

After
IMG_0270.jpg

IMG_0271.jpg

Ontop of this, I've destroyed a large amount of my first ever full time monthly paycheck on the following.....

2.0 16v bullets
Ph2 Rear Bumper
Engine Cover (Didn't have one)
JMS induction setup
Cleaning Gear: Two buckets, lambs wool wash mit, auto glym polish, auto glym SRP, megauris polishing pads, giant microfibre drying towl (halfords own will probs buy another)
Plenum Paint
Front Fogs

So all in all, A LOT for me and a few of the chaps off here to be getting on with this w.e :)

Nimbus 197, Ph1 172
Could i see a pic of the ph2 rear lights? Think the originals are the only thing spoiling my ph1 172. Wheels really suit it.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Ok I'm depressed, after buying A LOT of nice bits for the car, my mate walked past it on lunch today and noticed someone had hit the front bumper....

It's only slightl (will get pics at the w.e) but right they've managed to scratch/dent right at the bottom by the fog.

Somehow this person has gone right down to the plastic with whatever it is and put quite a deep chip in it. I know it can be touched up VERY easily, but its put a downer on my good day tbh :(

Iceberg Ph1
Didn't clip a kerb did ya? Mines nowhere near as low as yours and mine is hugging kerbs all day long, hit one once and didn't even realise until it went CRUNCH! :(

Unfortunate dude, hopefully you can touch it up and get it looking spanking again, I'm jealous of your strips and bullets!

Plans this year for my car is to:

Lower
Refurb Wheels in Anthracite
Get my strips and bullets sorted
Save up for a respray/blowover

Oh and perhaps get the red plenum I made on haha

Oh, P.s. hows the little niggles going? Got them sorted? You never guess what, that switch light started working again last week!??? After about 5 months lmao

Looks good dude I need to see this soon.. I shall maybe be popping down to your meet on the 21st dependant on work etc

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Hey there mate,

What switch light? The leccy window? How random!

Definately haven't hit something, looks like some sort of low little sports car or something just grazed me, or a very big fast stone on the motorway maybe.

You should pop by soon, I want you to polish the letters on my plenum once I've sprayed it anth! ;) Why haven't you got the red plenum on yet?

I can't believe you still haven't sorted your side strips/bullets!!!!

The small problems and lots of changes are being addressed this weekend. Going to Rob's and we're gonna have a day making it sweet I think. Its lovely to drive, the sticking caliper and sticking TB are literally the only things that make it not 100% amazing to drive.

Lots of pics to come this weekend of the changes/making beautiful.

Oh, and the Cliosport sticker went on last night, despite peeling off the wrong side and screwing up the backing :banghead:

I still managed to get it on, somehow... I used gaffa tape to create a new backing, stuck it to my jumper several times to make it less sticky, then stuck it over the sticker, and peeled it away, to leave the CS writing stuck to the gaffa, with adhesive side showing, place this on the window and peel away carefully, and BAM (I was seriously impressed with myself for this).

I know it sounds sad but the little CS sticker in the back window definately adds something :)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Went to Rob and Danny's yesterday (TheEvilGiraffe and Danny172) and got cracking on the car...

Fog lights fitted
Ph2 rear bumper fitted
Cleaned
Missing wheel decal applied (cheers Ady)

Massive thanks to Rob and Danny, helped me out all day and even made me food!

CIMG1967.jpg

CIMG1970.jpg

CIMG1971.jpg

CIMG1975.jpg

CIMG1977.jpg

Couple of shots of mine and Danny's together, good comparison of the colour, and a good comparison of how the ph2 172 bumper looks :)

CIMG1978.jpg

CIMG1980.jpg

CIMG1981.jpg

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
PH1 back on for me too Im afraid. Used to not be sure but over the last few months I've gone off them. Unless as said you get the boot.

Ph1 172 + Combo van
I dont like ph2 rear bumpers either.

In time ill get a cup spoiler and a ph2 bootlid on mine as the handle part looks better imo.

The fog lights you have taken off with the trumpets in... up for sale?

ph2 172 and 106 gti
ph2 bumper bad times IMO, not too sure on the green colour on the wheel rims either but nice car though, i am a ph1 fanboy

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
sorry....not a fan of that ph2 rear

Quite a lot of people aren't it seems, and I know people always say this, but it does look better in the flesh. I hope a vee/cup spoiler will tidy it up a bit more :)

lols so much hate towards the ph2 rear end! love it. (the hate)

Get you sitting on the fence. (not giving your opinion)

Ordering those mats tommorrow :)

ph2 bumper bad times IMO, not too sure on the green colour on the wheel rims either but nice car though, i am a ph1 fanboy

I wasnt sure on the wheels when I bought the car, but I bloody love 'em now. Really stands out.

I wonder if one person will comment in here that likes the bumper! LOL!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Driving along yesterday, car nice and clean, all of a sudden I notice a weird mark on the side of the windscreen, the start of a crack, its now 6 inches long, phoned insurance, glass men are so busy because of the cold weather they cant make it until next tuesday :(

Also, throttle body cleaning hasnt stopped the idle problem.... I believe it to be the actual pedal now.... But there will be a seperate thread on that shortly.

Titanium 182
Every clio I've bought (3) has had a cracked windscreen within two months of purchase. But when I've changed them they never crack again :S weird.

Have you tried fully taking the TB off and spraying some carb cleaner into the springs in it ? they were gunked to buggery on mine. If you can't be arsed getting a paper gasket from renault just use a silicone sealent gasket or something.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
JMS Induction arrived today! Havent been out and tested it yet, but I didn't have the instructions so I wasnt sure what to do with the mini breather?

I just ending up attaching it to the existing pipe, which unfortunately left it sitting ontop of 90 degree bend, so I'll have to sort that, but daylight was fading.

Anyways, enough talk, a few pics (the ones of the JMS are awful, because light was fading)
Before

15.jpg

16.jpg

After (just the one for now)

17.jpg

And yes I know the bay needs tidying up!!!!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Back from testing out the JMS setup.

Result: VERY positive!!!!

To say its noticeable from my BMC CDA is an understatement.

The car pulls better, harder, and from lower down. 100% not placebo on noise or anything as my exhaust is so loud I can't hear the b*****d anyway!

The car drives better undoubtedly, feels a lot less restricted and made a mockery of a lad who fancied him self in a fiesta ztec s on my local DC. (lol) :eek:

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Looking good geezer! PH2 bumper & side strips are the way forward ;)

Glad your happy with the Induction set-up, Have yet to see a car using the BMC kit make good power on a NON pub talk RR

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Cheers mate, first one on here (apart from Danny who was there when I fitted it) that likes the ph2-ness!

The BMC was on the car when I got it, it was all I had known, but this feels so much better, very impressed, cheers.

Although I didn't get the filter spray either... lol!