ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project Ph-OneSevenTwo

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
Oh and to pick up the 25mm spacers I've had sitting waiting for me for ages (sorry).

Looks the biz ! You doing 25 front and back or ? :rasp:

Eager to see how it turns out, looking to get a set for mine :)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Cheers mate, fronts will be 25mm then the back will be 5mm I think, maybe 8mm....

I have a feeling it'll make the front look 100x better, but we shall see :)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
After a long wait, I've finally got some...

126ad5b4.jpg

Will be fitted with the other parts I've got this weekend...

Some new track rod ends and a passenger side driveshaft.

Can't wait to have the tracking done again.

That's something else I need to do on my never ending French to do list. Although I took the 182 out tonight for one of those drives where you really appreciate why you spend money on it :D

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Fitted my spacers today, first impressions - aside from the massively improved looks (the wheels really fill the arches), the handling seems massively improved.

The widened track seems to really improve the handling, although I'm not sure if it's affected my turning circle a little? But all in all I'm massively impressed, widening the track 50mm really seems to give me more stability in the corners and allow me to carry more speed.

Some really bad pictures (i'll get some good ones tomorrow):

Before:

d815ee96.jpg

After:

de0f953d.jpg

CLIO PH1 172
looks better mate, also i see you brought some new wipers - lol at some pikey nicking wiper blades!!

and yes widening the track makes a massive difference to cornering doesn't it! mine feels crap now iv removed my spacers :( cant wait to get them back on

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Looks good mate. Love this Ph1.

Cheers mate. :)

looks better mate, also i see you brought some new wipers - lol at some pikey nicking wiper blades!!

and yes widening the track makes a massive difference to cornering doesn't it! mine feels crap now iv removed my spacers :( cant wait to get them back on

I wasn't going to bother with the wipers, but as I went to leave Anthony's it started pissing down with rain, massively.

Cheers for the spacers, I can't actually believe the difference it makes having that wider track, been out for a few blasts now, love it. It's like a different car.

They look like Tesco Pikeyblades.

Naaaaice.

Mock them all you want, but so far they've been bang on. Dead smooth and quiet :rasp:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Oh hi there.

I was wondering if you take some even shitter pictures?

Kthxbai.

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Are you still putting silver F1's on it? That would finish it off for me.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Oh hi there.

I was wondering if you take some even s**tter pictures?

Kthxbai.

I was covered in grease and didn't want to make my phone too dirty. Sorry. :eek:

Are you still putting silver F1's on it? That would finish it off for me.

Indeed I am, I've got a couple of months (tops) left in these tyres, then the f1's will go on.

Hahaha.

Daniel has a point..

From what I have seen though, niiiiiiiiice!

Yeah, sorry. They look awesome IRL.

I'll try to sort some better pics :p